D:OS Divinity: OS Got Me Back Into RPGs

Divinity: Original Sin

Embolus

Sentinel
Every once and awhile a game gets released that's something special and I'd wager Divinity: Original Sin is one of them. The last game to really grip me was Minecraft and though D:OS isn't a pioneer of new ideas it does capitalize on what's important; fun.

The creative freedom given in approaching combat, or how crazy ideas usually work is entertainment at its finest. This could have come in the form of any genre of video game, but since it's an RPG it can only work in our favor. I've always viewed deep (usually) PC based role-playing games as having a cult following, now we'll have more to worship.

Probably the best credit I can give D:OS is that it rekindled my love of role-playing. Recently I'd taken to merely talking about titles I once enjoyed but now I'm playing them. Specifically the original Divine Divinity which I for some reason skipped over..

These games are fun again.

Last edited:

Attachments

• divinity_original_sin___house_visit_by_bjornkeks-d7qtjh8.jpg
    divinity_original_sin___house_visit_by_bjornkeks-d7qtjh8.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 61
The second pic is plain wrong.
Instead of "well then, gotta go" should be "bye then".

However, find me any other game that contains this level of coop distraction by talking. :)

The second pic is plain wrong.
Instead of "well then, gotta go" should be "bye then".

However, find me any other game that contains this level of coop distraction by talking. :)

that's too much setup for me, I just smoke-screen :)

I'll talk to you again about smokescreen vs distraction by chatty when ice king wipes your whole party a couple of times. :p

Ice King? - he's for little schoolgirls. Try to attack some Imps in your homestead when Icara is near you - great fun -> insta-party-death :)

Have to agree with OP. After not playing CRPGs for quite a while, tried D:OS and it pulled me back into the genre despite perhaps being a little overlong (haven't quite finished it but on the verge of doing so). But I'd rather have a game be a little too long than a little too short. I love this game's polish, obviously developed with lots of care by veteran studio Larian who know what the hell they're doing and who carefully listened to the hardcore CRPG gamers. Can't wait for some decent user modules to start popping up since this game is the successful spiritual successor to NWN. After I finish the OC I'll probably try Shadowrun Returns. It's really gotten me back into these things.

Back
Top Bottom