Witcher 3 - Win A Free Pre-Order Copy!

I know Fluent is a good dude, but… come on man. You're starting to sound like a Primerica representative. Should we expect corny motivational image macros next?

People come here to get news about RPGs. They get dozens of promotional messages through e-mail and social media.

I'm sure it is done innocently, but… hijacking this outlet to promote your own, which you might be poised to gain ad revenue for in the future… that's kind of rude.

I won't partake in the contest, and I think you should be fairer to the members and talk about your channel in a less conspicuous fashion. No offense.

I don't agree with you often but thank you for posting this. I am still waiting for the option to block him. I can't stand it any more, I just want to read some post here like I always have.

Here I will post for him.

No you are wrong everything is great, send me some money watch my videos. If I like something and you don't you just don't get it. But I love everything...you should all give to every kick starter game I like but I don't because I don't have any money. BLAH BLAH BLAH !!!!!!! maybe the codex which I have never been might be a better option.

I can't even join Mr. Potato's site and I have always liked his post because he is there.

Ah, Humanity has risen! Expert trolling there, sir. That's all the response you're going to get from me. :cool:

Celtic, for your sake I hope they implement the feature. You seem to follow me from thread to thread, quote me and generally are obsessed with my posts or something.

Relax, go take a breather and enter into my contest if you'd like. You're more than welcome to. :cool:

Back to the topic at hand, which is Fluent giving away a copy of Witcher 3. His own copy that he was going to play, by the way. Yet we're going to turn this into something ugly again? Why?

I just mean to speak tactfully and honestly about something which I'm sure many people feel about. I didn't even mind Fluent talking about his YouTube channels and LPs so far, but I'm sorry, this time it feels more like a contest on Avon's Facebook page than an RPG site.

And yet, he discards criticism as respectively "expert trolling" from one member, and "obsessively stalking from thread to thread" for another. This just isn't very serious.

I'll leave your thread alone, however a little humility and tact toward your comrades can go a long way.

I have zero interest in Twitter. I must be old.

I also have zero interest in Twitter or any and all social media. Part of it probably age but my wife who's not that much younger than me is a facebook addict. I'm admittedly socially retarded and not interested in much of anything social so social media doesn't interest me at all.

I keep hoping the social media thing is yet another bad fad, like piercing your face or tattoos you'll later regret, and that it'll go away - as piercing your face and tattoos should go away. I can look back to the 80's and say, yeah, I wore parachute pants - that was pretty sad - but at least those are gone now and I don't have to live with it forever (the scarred memories aren't visible at least).

I have a twitter account but I pretty much don't use it unless I need to let some MMO devl know their game and site is down. And I have a facebook account but only use it to sign up for things like game promos and/or freebies. I don't check or use either, and worse, there's another computer programmer on the web with my exact (and not so common) at all - rare actually name and I get a lot of friend requests on facebook from people I've never heard of that just sit there. All those people probably think this "other me" is a right bunghole.

Anyways. I spent about 15 seconds trying to figure out how to do this contest and that's where it ended. Too much of a hassle. :p

Dear Fluent,

I am glad you think so highly of yourself to think I am following you around. You are free to go back though 800 of my other post where I have rarely had much to say about anyone here. the last 100 plus you will find some where I find your lack of tack very annoying.

I personally like to read every thread here to see what is going and just because I like reading the threads here. So if you have found in the last couple weeks that I have comment on threads you have posted on it is because I have. Not because I am following you. Though you like to seem any attention is good attention. Even during the threads on paying for MODS you seem boast about having haters.

As for your offer, I think if I can buy a new system to play the game I can buy the game.

Haha!

Voqar, social media can be fun at times. I am genuinely interested in tweeting game developers for the RPGs I love and seeing if I can establish some connections and discussion with these folks. It's also fun interacting with people who genuinely like what you're doing, whether you make videos or write books, etc. =)

I can understand not being into social media. I'm not really into Facebook. But I can see the benefits of it and might as well hop on the bandwagon. :)

Who knows, maybe we'll have some fun along the way. =)

Ok I'm game!

Got my entry for the day done ;)

Thx for the contest Fluent!

~ Good luck to all ~

Rol

The words "social media" just make me cringe. Twatter, twitter, facebook, all that stuff means nothing to me. However, emails and bbs boards that I use I do enjoy, and would miss if they were gone. At least for me, I think the key is I have no desire for more ways of people to contact me, the ones I want to hear from know how to find me.

I'm glad so many people here feel the same way towards "social media" as I do.

No twitter, no facebook, no google+, etc!

Just try and quit Facebook. Watch everyone try to lure you back in. Watch as you miss out on events because the invite was on Facebook only and they thought you got it. It's only going to get worse and they all tell you to accept it. They call you strange for not being on it. Facebook is making billions off peoples private information and they can do whatever they want with it!

I used to think it was only cyber criminals who used spyware/malware but now mega corporations like Facebook and Google are buying these seedy, unethical, tracking companies like Doubleclick (who ignores "do not track" flags, simply because they have no legal obligation to obey them) and there's no privacy laws to stop them. If someone was stalking your children in real life the way these tracking companies stalk them online it would be a police matter. The list of questionable practices is endless and hardly anyone knows or even cares.

The internet ain't what it used to be and its only getting worse and more controlled by fewer, richer people. That's why I'm opposed to even little reminders, such as RPGWatch "likes" which is a sign of things going in the same direction.

BTW, I used to love BBS's and my MajorMUD addiction was insane back in the mid 90s. :D

Last edited:
Ah... twitter-prostitution for free game keys. Brave new world. :)

By all means Fluent can do whatever he wants with his keys. People getting worked up over this seems more than a little pedantic and silly. It's his private key, not some official RPGWatch policy.

I'm not interested in any Witcher game anymore personally.

Quite a lot of negative reactions! I'm not an avid user of social media: I'm not famous nor do I do anything noteworthy to write about (imho). That said: I appreciate the fact that Fluent is giving away his copy of the game. If other forum-members do not wish to participate in the raffle, there is no obligation to do so and (thus?) really no reason to get worked up about the means to enter.

It's the worst place to put your money for retirement.
So it's worse than mexican narcocartel I'm dealing with? Man... And I thought...

I'm not an avid user of social media: I'm not famous nor do I do anything noteworthy to write about (imho)..

Surely you have to have some talent, hobby or thing you're passionate about and want to share with the world. RPG gaming, perhaps? o_O

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom