The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I think the new TR group could be our main heroic level TR group. The 13 group can be an optional group we run when we feel we like a change.

As mentioned we are a little melee weak in that group and it will become noticeable when getting to the level 14+ quests. We saw that particularly well in VON 6 last Friday when nobody with melee weapons were able to get the pillars down. So we had to use casters / divines to get them down. If we have the guild friends with us on the Friday runs then we are less vulnerable when running elite since they have melee toons.

I will be running a caster druid, which is currently level 6. I know Corwin has his druid just into 7 however is 5 lvls druid and 2 lvls rouge. I think he was going to LR and get rid of the 2 level of rouge and be a straight Druid as well, so he can take the levels back-up to whatever to run with the group as he won't have done anything on elite primarily just hard as he is only a 2nd lifer. So that will be 2 druids for the next group.

So at this point we're sitting at:
Old Man: caster druid
Reywind: caster druid
Peter: melee pally
dte: healbot cleric
Savage Dragon: trap monkey rogue
JM: ?
CM: melee fighter
Az: tank pally
Sib: ? (participating?)
Pikkl: ? (participating?)

Last edited:
I will be running a Vanguard, S&B build. While the dps will be lower, I should be practically indestructible. We should be alright for damage output. We seem to be more lacking in CC, at least in the mid levels. Once Earthquake comes in, we have the best CC in the game practically.

If Corwin's Druid is trap-capable, then we only really need 1 more main-line healer. With a Druid in each group, as well as a Paladin, we have a fairly self-sufficient group design. Of course, if he removes the two Rogue levels, then we'll need a second trapper.

I think I was able to arrange a trap-capable Druid, at one time, though it was very, very tight. Given that Corwin has a TR, and thus more build points, it should be more doable, with a hefty INT investment. And maybe Human or Drow. IIRC, you need 7 skill points minimum to make it work.Spot is a Druid skill. Druids get 4 per level, so that means 16 INT on non-humans (cheaper on Drow) or 14 INT on Humans. So 6-10 build points into INT, 16 into WIS, 6 into CON (14 on most races), 28-32 points, depending on race. You may need to invest some ap into mechanic's tree for skills, maybe even a skill boost as well, particularly given that we seem to have no one capable of casting GH. Feats would be standard caster fare.

*EDIT* FREE +5 LR, use Wood5 to get it.

My Druid TR is just level 7 also so a good match for Bot. Reywind has LR'd it to a pure Druid which is more useful to a group. Originally It had 2 levels of rogue for solo/pair play. I'm happy to run either that or 13's/14's. I need a break from Epic's I think. Remember Reywind is likely out for the next few weeks depending on daily events and timing.

So which toons are we supposed to play tomorrow? 13's, epics or starting with new TR group? I haven't TR'ed yet, but he is ready to do it. I will prepare his TR tomorrow (clear the cache etc.) and find the ETR and TR hearts. Then I just need to do the ETR to 20 and then immediate TR to 1. It should be fast.

Az just TR'ed into a paladin.

I think Cm is playing on her fighter. She is level 4 at the moment, but she has to verify. She might have a level 28 she wants to TR.

No idea about Jm's, Sibrey's and Pikkl's plans.

I will most likely be out tomorrow night, as originally planned as I think I'll be out with the family.

So which toons are we supposed to play tomorrow? 13's, epics or starting with new TR group? I haven't TR'ed yet, but he is ready to do it. I will prepare his TR tomorrow (clear the cache etc.) and find the ETR and TR hearts. Then I just need to do the ETR to 20 and then immediate TR to 1. It should be fast.

Az just TR'ed into a paladin.

I think Cm is playing on her fighter. She is level 4 at the moment, but she has to verify. She might have a level 28 she wants to TR.

No idea about Jm's, Sibrey's and Pikkl's plans.
With Reywind out, I'd say we're in for a level split tomorrow. Half the group will TR into Korthos. The rest of us will figure something out depending on just whom "the rest of us" ends up being. If we have additional absences, we all party up and finish off an epic saga or two perhaps.

I'm getting ready to TR Lyahnna, but need to ER her first. She will be a rogue again. I'll try to have her ready for tonight, but don't know if I'll be ready. TBD.

My fighter is level 4. I wasn't planning an tr for any others atm but I could pick one and just do it. Will see what is happening when we start.

Lyahnna has TR'd, and is waiting in Korthos atm. And, I completley forgot to ER her first. ARGHHHHH!!! Oh, well.

My fighter is level 4. I wasn't planning an tr for any others atm but I could pick one and just do it. Will see what is happening when we start.

Once we get to level 2, will it make any difference when we're doing the level 2 quests on elite? If not, you can just join us. We should get to level 2 really fast.

My paladin has TR'ed too. He remembered to ETR first to open the 4th twist slot. Then he LR'ed into a monk using the LR 20. Then TR back into a paladin for a monk past life giving +1 to damage.

He has completed the Grotto and ready to do Korthos level 1 quests.

Some of us TR'ed and finished Korthos plus a few harbor quests. We just got to level 3. Intend to work our ways towards level 6 so we all can group together.

Some ran on the 13's. Which quests did you do? I heard you were working on Wizking and Offering of blood. Did you also do Chains of Flame so you're flagged for ADQ?

Corwin and Dte were on alts, CM was on her 13 group character. Me and JM joined in for OoB, though I fell asleep afterward and had to drop out.

So we'll still have to run the flagging quests on our main 13 group.

Az is correct. It can be a little confusing because I've got a pair of 7's and a pair of 13's right now. After Az bailed, we ran Purge (walkup) and that was it. RhoGu (my "group" 13) hasn't run much in the Desert and Reywind and Corwin's "group 13's" would be in the same boat. Corwin ran a level 14 monk he's got last night because we needed some melee. Reywind and I are trailing everyone XP-wise on the "group 13's" so I didn't see much benefit to pushing RhoGu along last night.

Truth be told, Wouldii was having trouble soloing the flagging quests on elite so I was glad for the help.

Map of Gianthold Teleport Acquisition Locations

I never remember where they are when I'm trying to get them, so I have made a map of the Gianthold teleport acquisition locations. It's in pdf format and you can get it off my Dropbox account.

Link is: Gianhold Teleport Locations Map

Have the servers come up successfully, then?

DDO Still Down

No surprise, but three hours after they were supposed to be done, they're still down. And they started early this time, at 3 AM.

Back
Top Bottom