BioWare - Teases New Game Announcement

Hm. I'd say focussing on so many games is a mistake. SWTOR and ME3 and DA2… and now another new game? I'd suggest make ONE game really good and make things one by one ...

That's not really a viable way to do business for a company like EA/Bioware. That said, SWTOR is being made by a seperate studio in a diferent physical location. They are just focusing on making SWTOR.

I think the Tweets should dispell any notion that it's an ME game. I still buy all Bioware games as they are yet to truly disapoint me, so I'll be interested to see what they've come up with.

As for innovation in the RPG market, RPG fans have a tendency to scream bloody murder if anyone dares to innovate the game systems we've been attatched to for the last decade or two. There has been innovation. ME series is innovative, but then some people refuse to accept the games as RPGs. DA2 is innovative in its narrative structure, but some are too distracted by the console combat system that they won't even be using on the PC to take an interest in other areas of the game.

How could they not have announced ME3 yet??

New rumors are saying it's some online shooter - Call of Duty with a Mass Effect skin or some such. Given that they are announcing it on Spike, that would fit.

Oh well - you couldn't pay me to watch the show to find out. I'll wait for the news.

Since they are talking about it being really cold and with guns maybe it is a futuristic ripoff of Arx Fatalis they are making.

I actually would love to see ME3. I really liked the direction they went with part 2 (even though it's less rpg and more shooter) and I would love another part with better shooter mechanics. That said I also would absolutely love Shattered Steel 2. I played the original game a lot and loved it (but only if it's an actually single player game). I mean who doesn't love mechs? :D

Four. You forgot Mythic.

I don't really consider Mythic a part of BioWare the developer, despite them being now under the BioWare Mythic branch of EA…

Soon BioWare is just going to be a new brand name anyway.

I don't really consider Mythic a part of BioWare the developer, despite them being now under the BioWare Mythic branch of EA…

Soon BioWare is just going to be a new brand name anyway.
Why soon? They are already, with their independent days still forming a major reason why they do so well.

And Mythic are officially BioWare now, so yeah ;)

I have the distinct feeling as if this is going to be a shooter in the ME universe.

The weapon is pushed into the foreground, that's why.

If this is just some oddball way of announcing MA 3 it's stupid. We all know MA 3 is coming there would be no reason at all to be so cryptic about it. Now however if this was perhaps some way of announcing Shattered Steel then all I have to say is :smitten:

BTW, anyone know if the PR guys from GoG are freelancing over at Bioware? ;)

I don't think it's ME3, to be honest. It doesn't, going by the visuals, suit the ME trilogy. I would suspect it's a spin-off title rather than ME3 itself.

Milking an already mainstream franchise? Can say I'd be bothered.

Oooh, another online shooter?! Pinch me!

NFLed, Risen good,Drakensang good, NV will play if they fix it but the other are not so good. It just seems like more games a gimmick than making a great game .Now there are some games looking great in 2011 like Bastion,Dead State,AoD,Grim Dawn, Scars Of War and none of those games have big buget companies bocking them what does that tell you!!! Forgot about Magika and Path Of Exile,Witcher2 and none of these games will be available for console kids.

Back
Top Bottom