Baldur’s Gate BiG World Project

The Wanderer

in paths untrodden
Hey.

Did anybody hear about this?
I think it's great.

Don't know when I'll get at it though…

I guess if someone really want's to go through all the process of their creation, big mod packs are possible!

Last edited:
Argh, for a second I thought it was going to be about a new baldurs gate game. :(

Looks nice if you're into mods for BG, but there's far too many fan-made changes/additions for my taste.

Some strange design-decisions in the first part of the game (recommended Installation): Monsters give less XP and Loot, most +1 Weapons are downgraded to Masterwork. So I was with a bunch of 1st-Level-Characters before the endboss of the Nashkell-Mines, killed all the "support-troops" and couldn't even hit the boss :(

I lol'd when I read this. Sorry.
I vaguely remember having a tough time there myself too. :D

On topic, yes, them mods can break the game and stuff.

BG1 had very good balancing already for magic weapons not sure why someone would want to write a mod that reduces it even further. The sword coast has a reasonable amount of magical weapons in all the books I have read set in the region.

Some strange design-decisions in the first part of the game (recommended Installation): Monsters give less XP and Loot, most +1 Weapons are downgraded to Masterwork. So I was with a bunch of 1st-Level-Characters before the endboss of the Nashkell-Mines, killed all the "support-troops" and couldn't even hit the boss :(

I think part of that reduction in XP is that if you don't, you'll max out your characters halfway through the game.

My next play through of BG I might install this, but I definitely won't install The Darkest Day again. I comment the effort that went into it, but that mod is an abortion. It turned me off even looking at mods for a while.

before I was into NWN I was looking at the mods for the Infinity Engine games.

One problem I had with the changes was the reusing of old areas. Quests and NPCs were fine but create new maps mixing connectors was just confusing.

before I was into NWN I was looking at the mods for the Infinity Engine games.

One problem I had with the changes was the reusing of old areas. Quests and NPCs were fine but create new maps mixing connectors was just confusing.

Yeah Dark Side of The Sword Coast was like that. Of course making new areas is extremely difficult. I did like the ones that would utilize assets from other IE games. I remember a couple that used maps from IWD in BG2. It was a PITA to install though.

most +1 Weapons are downgraded to Masterwork.

What does this mean, actually ? What's the difference between both ?

To put it in DSA-Rules: +1 Weapons add one point to Attack and Damage, Masterwork only to Attack.

Also in PnP it is important to have enchanted Weapons to fight some supernatural enemies; Masterwork Weapons don't count as enchanted, +x Weapons do. I don't know if that is implemented in the Mod.

Back
Top Bottom