Gothic 3 ok, are these just a tease?

jmurdock

Watchdog
You can learn to forge pure magic ore weapons but I have never found a pure magic ore blank. Even managed to loot all the chests in all the Nordmar clans.

The blueprint for the master sword says it requires 2 Katanas but I have only ever found 1. Looking in both chests and merchants. Went so far as to drive Hashishin from the Desert AND kill the nomads and Water Mages just to see if anyone holding one.

The skills for paladin, hitpoint regeneration and improve armor are not taught anywhere that I could find.

Getting 75% rep with the Orcs gains you absolutely nothing as you get no quests from Khan.

You get a pure ore blank by liberating nordmar and then talking to the chief in the fire clan. Another one can be found near okara guarded by 3 trolls at the entrance to a big cave full of minecrawlers and demons (a few people have found it here, myself included, but some people say it is just from one of the "no-name" chests - the ones that get progressively better the more chests you open)

I think there is only 1 katana.

Hitpoint regeneration is taught by king rhobar in Venguard. I believe you have to side with Innos to get training.

They are actually random drops, but those locations hold the most expensive loot. I have never found blueprints for a weapon like that myself, and I have completed the game 6 times now. Also, I have only ever found one katana, sometimes none. The whole pure ore weapon thing is a joke, the drop chance is too low for blueprints/materials.

You can learn both paladin and hitpoint regeneration from King Rhobar after siding with Innos. You can also learn HP regen from the orcish king, after you side with the orcs. Improve armor is not in the game.

FYI: The master sword blueprint is sold by Enzo (at times) in Ben Sala. Requires 2 katanas and a magic ore blank.

Great thanks guys. To tell the truth never talked to Rhobar again after talking with Innos. The first time, had already done all his stuff and the game ended LOL :)

Last edited:
No it's not, when you restart the game, he will have different recipes. It's all random, you might get lucky, you might not. Loot in Gothic 3 depends on how many of the "impossible lock chests" you have managed to open. The more you open, the better the loot becomes.

hee hee that's why I said "at times". I've seen it on him though three out of five times so I guess I just got lucky.

Thanks a bunch guys/gals. There is a part of the patch I can't figure. Frithjof is not a paladin. Why should he ever get a blessed chalice? Tell the truth I thought if you could find a teacher (which y'all have kindly provided), then hero would be the 12th paladin.

Hey JM, when are you going to rejoin Team Corwin??!! :)

LOL not on my feet yet, using sister's internet today. Will tell you as soon as I know :)

Thanks a bunch guys/gals. There is a part of the patch I can't figure. Frithjof is not a paladin. Why should he ever get a blessed chalice? Tell the truth I thought if you could find a teacher (which y'all have kindly provided), then hero would be the 12th paladin.

He shouldnt, and there is no 12th paladin (unless one counts the one who turned rogue on the way to Braga). It's only been included because some people are uncomfortable with having an unused chalice in the inventory.

I think PB once said Frithjof was meant to be the 12th, hence why the fan patch makes him the final paladin. Can't recall where I read it though, probably over at WoG.

Back
Top Bottom