Original Sin - Kickstarter Launched

That $65 pledge sounds like a bargain to be honest. I'll be grabbing that one I think.

I'm seriously worried that I might not leave my house in 2014. :)

I'm retiring at the end of this year. Looks like just in time. I'll probably set my IPad so that I get up every 2 or 3 hours to do something different. But I really do have about 10 kickstarter projects coming to me within the next 18 months. And two of them are Wasteland and Shaddowrun . . . . . . . Not to mention any AAA projects that are going to be released.

I love how the kickstarter page makes them sound like an American company. Larian Studios LLC, Sacremento, CA. Proud Europeans ;)

It is larian, it is divinity ... And it is mine! :)

I'm curious about the lowly requested amount. Seemed to me Larian are bigger than InExile (at least before the 2 KSs) and have more to show in the last decade than the likes of Lord British.Is it them responding to the Kickstarter fatigue, an adjustment due to the untimely Kickstarter launch or simply the reality formed by possibly lower needed dev budget in Belgium in comparison to the US (but then there's the USD/EUR thing)? I know it's safe to assume they are hoping for more than but it still appears unusual.

I'm curious about the lowly requested amount. Seemed to me Larian are bigger than InExile (at least before the 2 KSs) and have more to show in the last decade than the likes of Lord British.Is it them responding to the Kickstarter fatigue, an adjustment due to the untimely Kickstarter launch or simply the reality formed by possibly lower needed dev budget in Belgium in comparison to the US (but then there's the USD/EUR thing)? I know it's safe to assume they are hoping for more than but it still appears unusual.

The game is already self funded. There just looking for more money to expand and make the game larger. It also acts as an advertisement for both there games in development.

A win for everyone. We can support and get both games at the same time. Larian gets publicity and added cash to make there game better.

i loved divine divinity, but i was very dissapointed from divinity 2.
I'm the exact opposite. It seems like I have to play action-RPGs with a perspective that's pretty close in. I didn't like the Diablo or Icewind Dale series, either.

Looks like this one has tactical, turn-based combat. That's... very tempting...

(Oh look, it's the spirit of Source! Funny, I somehow thought it would look like Gabe. ;)

If anything, I'm more excited about the editor than the game itself. It would be interesting to see if (or how long) someone will make a pausable real time mode, total conversions, or even if something new can come from it (in the vein of DoTA from WC3).

I pledged $40 1 for my friend.

The KS campaign looks pretty good, but one thing they don't really make clear is that when you are playing in single player mode you actually get to control 2 party members yourself. If I hadn't known that from previous coverage I might be thinking it was a single character RPG when not in multiplayer mode.

Anyone know if Larian is still going to offer the boardgame CE of Dragon Commander? If not, I might jump on the 65 dollar DC/D:OS bundle. If so, I might jump on the 25 dollar de facto pre order.

The KS campaign looks pretty good, but one thing they don't really make clear is that when you are playing in single player mode you actually get to control 2 party members yourself. If I hadn't known that from previous coverage I might be thinking it was a single character RPG when not in multiplayer mode.

This is something I have been aware of since I started following the game, but I do have a question about the character dialog dynamic in single-player mode. I like the idea that you can disagree with your teammate in multi-player and that stats will determine the outcome; and that the relationship changes between the characters based upon their interactions. However, I am curious as to how this is implemented in single player mode. Do you "role-play" both characters, and select the dialog options for each character? Knowing how I typically play (usually making decisions based on how I personally feel about each situation, at least on the first play), I just don't see the characters ever disagreeing with each other.

Or, alternatively, do you control both characters while role-playing one of them? In this case you would choose dialog for one character whereas the computer determines the personality of the other member of your party. If this is how the dynamic is set up, disagreements would arise and I would have to decide how to resolve them (conceding, compromising, or domineering). Maybe Myrthos could clear that up for me.

EDIT: Looks like I found my answer while looking at the Kickstarter comments. For those curious about this, you have the option to control both during dialog or to set one to automated where the computer will determine the reactions. I think you can probably set both characters to automated if you prefer a hands-off approach. Very impressive Larian.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom