The ISIS debacle.

It's an impossible situation that can't be resolved by doing something about it, but something still has to be done about it.

It's a very rare occurrence when I'm in agreement with DArt but I'm this time! :wideeyed:

Indeed.. Isis really takes us back to middle ages or something. Militant Islam to the extremes.

No question that Isis must be destroyed, but its going to be an other ugly war no doubt.

haha. Except that Obama's father was away at school and then finally divorced from his mother when he was less than 3 years old. Kind of tough to raise someone as a Muslim if you're not there.

While I find the 'Obama is a muslim' crowd laughable for the most part, the hard core elements of Islam do believe that if your father is a muslim, it doesn't matter what you think, you are one to and if you don't follow Islam, you are an apostate. Just look at the plight of that poor woman in the Sudan.

Who likes the matrix?! Pick your pill, Neo…

Oh my god, those beheadings are just awful. I'm glad they were taken off the net before anyone at all saw them just like I'm glad they buried Osama Bin Laden at sea so we didn't have to see his ugly face again.
Something must be done, that's for sure. Heck, I vote we turn that whole region into a glass crater before one more American is harmed. We need more security from these terrorists and I, for one, don't mind giving up a bit of privacy and freedom for that peace of mind.

ISIS is just our exciting, new "next-gen" media label for any resistance in the old "axis of evil" laid out by USA back in 2001.

People are bored of the old labels like Taliban and if they keep being used it looks like nothing its being accomplished.

I think you'll find ISIS is conveniently located in any region USA and their allies want to invade, such as the secular Syria, while being suspiciously absent from other areas in region that actually have a conflicting national religion but are not on the "axis of evil" list.

The "chemical weapons" story from several months ago was supposed to be the event that USA could use to enter the region as the good guys, but Russia stepped in and organised a deal where Syria would destroy their bio-weapon stockpile for the continued protection of Russia and for USA to back off.

The "loophole" we're using to avoid further conflict with Russia is to attack ISIS in Syria and "accidentally" take out key military and other targets to weaken them enough for the next move, be that a diplomatic surrender of sorts or a more full scale invasion.

While I find the 'Obama is a muslim' crowd laughable for the most part, the hard core elements of Islam do believe that if your father is a muslim, it doesn't matter what you think, you are one to and if you don't follow Islam, you are an apostate. Just look at the plight of that poor woman in the Sudan.
That's not that different from the Roman Catholicism. The person who leaves not just the Catholic Church but who abandons Christ Himself is materially an apostate. He/she is formally an apostate through willful, and therefore culpable, repudiation of the Christian faith. The only difference is that, nowadays, apostates get scarcely ever burned at the stake.

That's not that different from the Roman Catholicism. The person who leaves not just the Catholic Church but who abandons Christ Himself is materially an apostate. He/she is formally an apostate through willful, and therefore culpable, repudiation of the Christian faith. The only difference is that, nowadays, apostates get scarcely ever burned at the stake.

Having a Catholic parent doesn't make you automatically a Catholic, so no, I don't think it's "not that different". ;)

I just read some Republican congressman is spewing out that ISIS militants are using the Mexican border to get in the USA (obviously reported in Faux News). Typical Republican way of tying two completely separate issues to gain support (just like they tied September 11 with Iraq to gain support for the Iraq war). I bet next thing will be the next Republican candidate saying that if you're against building a 100' wall on the Mexico border, you're a terrorist sympathizer.

I just read some Republican congressman is spewing out that ISIS militants are using the Mexican border to get in the USA (obviously reported in Faux News). Typical Republican way of tying two completely separate issues to gain support (just like they tied September 11 with Iraq to gain support for the Iraq war). I bet next thing will be the next Republican candidate saying that if you're against building a 100' wall on the Mexico border, you're a terrorist sympathizer.

Unfortunately, that's the way jingoism works. If you're not a right wing extremist, then you're unpatriotic/communist/a political enemy, and you should leave the country. I remember back in 2007-ish, being told by conservative people all the time that since I was against the Iraq War (and pro-marriage equality), that "this is America, and if you don't like it, you can get out."

Faux News has been on that Mexican border/terrorism thing for a while. It's an awfully convenient entry point for Islamic terrorists. Having terrorism fears right at the same time as immigration anxiety is opportune...

Errr, anyone remember that Assad guy? You smash up ISIS (or whatever we're calling them this week), you help him.

How about this: instead of spending multi-billions on blowing up ISIS, we spend multi-billions to help Turkey and Jordan actually absorb all those refugees. I'm sure the refugees would much rather go home but having semi-decent living conditions is probably more important to them. The hosting countries aren't likely to be happy about what this might do to the balance of power but hey, with that much extra money flying around, I bet they can find a way to live with it, too.

It is pretty revolting how countries like the US, who are so big on the importance of immigration, are suddenly not moving an inch to welcome bona fide persecuted Christians. I think only France has went ahead and said they would give them asylum.

I can't wait until Obama never has power again, I don't even like most Republicans, but what an absolute disaster his presidency has been.

I really recommend viewing the videos on the Acts17 apologetics channel on YouTube, they are brilliant. They absolutely destroy any claim that Islam is a religion of peace. Very, very instructive.

Having a Catholic parent doesn't make you automatically a Catholic, so no, I don't think it's "not that different". ;)

But being christened does. And, since christening happens when the baby is about 6-10 months old, the difference is slight.

So by that reasoning, it means Obummer is definitely a Muslim!! :)

But being christened does. And, since christening happens when the baby is about 6-10 months old, the difference is slight.

Getting baptized usually requires the conscious effort of both the parents.
Being born a muslim only requires a one-night stand.

Slight difference?

How about this: instead of spending multi-billions on blowing up ISIS, we spend multi-billions to help Turkey and Jordan actually absorb all those refugees.
Two problems with this scenario Zloth: 1- it would leave ISIS unchecked to carry on with its plans for the conquest of the Middle East and create further waves of refugees. 2- most of the refugees on the Turkish border are Syrian Kurds. You do realize that, knowing the history of Turkey-Kurdish conflicts, Turkey will be reluctant to accept thousands more of Kurdish refugees whatever the bribe?

You still have to go through confirmation.

Two problems with this scenario Zloth: 1- it would leave ISIS unchecked to carry on with its plans for the conquest of the Middle East and create further waves of refugees. 2- most of the refugees on the Turkish border are Syrian Kurds. You do realize that, knowing the history of Turkey-Kurdish conflicts, Turkey will be reluctant to accept thousands more of Kurdish refugees whatever the bribe?

Step 1) Allow any refugees that want out to emmigrate
Step 2) Kill everyone that is left, as they are ISIS or support them
Step 3) Return refugees

Problem solved!

errr... yes... let's treat this seriously for a second... what about those who would LOVE to get the fuck out but can't? And wouldn't killing everyone that is left be a textbook example of a genocide?

errr… yes… let's treat this seriously for a second… what about those who would LOVE to get the fuck out but can't?

Obviously we'd have to assist them.

And wouldn't killing everyone that is left be a textbook example of a genocide?

You say that like its a bad thing.

And please realize I am mostly joking with that suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom