What games are you playing now?

It is a solid game, but just like DArt said it is too much of a combat simulator, some more story and other content would have been great, even worse is that even on hardest setting you get super-overpowered towards the end... and you'll just shrug like OO I got another relic... there I got another super good weapon.. and so on. So it doesn't do a very good job of an interesting combat simulator towards the end either.

even worse is that even on hardest setting you get super-overpowered towards the end… and you'll just shrug like OO I got another relic… there I got another super good weapon.. and so on.

That's how all the M&M games are though, or so I've been told. That also describes most RPGs in general. :)

I enjoy being overpowered towards the end of a game. I consider that highly appropriate - and a reward for being smart about building my party.

But endless combat isn't quite enough to keep me interested anymore. Probably also why I can't really get into the Souls games.

That's how all the M&M games are though, or so I've been told. That also describes most RPGs in general. :)

As long as it's not DLC "superoverpowered" weapon since the game start, I'm good with it.

I picked up Portal and Portal 2 from Steam last night for 6 dollars and change. I played alittle bit of Portal in the past, but only a few levels. This time Im looking forward to playing them with my wife. She going to love the brain game aspect of them

I picked up Portal and Portal 2 from Steam last night for 6 dollars and change. I played alittle bit of Portal in the past, but only a few levels. This time Im looking forward to playing them with my wife. She going to love the brain game aspect of them

Portal 2 is one of the best games ever made, IMO. Personally, I'd play that one first since it's so much better than the original.

Portal 2 is one of the best games ever made, IMO. Personally, I'd play that one first since it's so much better than the original.

Playing Portal 2 first isn't that great in term of the story though, it's a direct continuation of the first game story wise.

Last edited:
I'm playing Two Worlds Two again. I play it every couple years. I just really enjoy the crafting and magic systems in these games so much and the story is pretty good too.

Basically any weapon, armor, clothing, etc can be broken down to its base components. You can then take those components and improve another item. There are wood, iron, steel, cloth, etc and then there are gems that can be socketed into the crafted piece that will add stats or skills. It isn't as varied as a Diablo, but it is quite cool for a full-fledged crpg.

Spells are formed from several cards that you place in a carrier. The cards can be quite varied and Two Worlds probably has more spell combinations than any other game out there.

I also love the loot system as there are just tons of chests to open, locks to pick, traps to avoid, etc. It's just a great game. If you haven't played it, you're missing out. It is older now but still looks pretty good for a 1st person game. There are some video tweaks that will get it up to snuff fairly quickly.

Once I get my 2W2 fix, I'll probably go back to Diablo 3 and Grim Dawn again. I haven't exhausted my fun from either of those yet.

Portal 2 is one of the best games ever made, IMO.

I wouldn't go quite that far, but I did find it to be a lot better than I was expecting. I also agree with azarhal that Portal 1 should be played first. It sets up the sequel nicely, and it's a very short game anyways.

It is older now but still looks pretty good for a 1st person game. There are some video tweaks that will get it up to snuff fairly quickly.

Two Worlds II can be played in first-person?

I'm playing Two Worlds Two again. I play it every couple years. I just really enjoy the crafting and magic systems in these games so much and the story is pretty good too.

Basically any weapon, armor, clothing, etc can be broken down to its base components. You can then take those components and improve another item. There are wood, iron, steel, cloth, etc and then there are gems that can be socketed into the crafted piece that will add stats or skills. It isn't as varied as a Diablo, but it is quite cool for a full-fledged crpg.

Spells are formed from several cards that you place in a carrier. The cards can be quite varied and Two Worlds probably has more spell combinations than any other game out there.

I also love the loot system as there are just tons of chests to open, locks to pick, traps to avoid, etc. It's just a great game. If you haven't played it, you're missing out. It is older now but still looks pretty good for a 1st person game. There are some video tweaks that will get it up to snuff fairly quickly.

Once I get my 2W2 fix, I'll probably go back to Diablo 3 and Grim Dawn again. I haven't exhausted my fun from either of those yet.
I never played TW2 because I didn't really care for TW1, how similar or different are them?

Two Worlds II can be played in first-person?

Duh! No, I meant open-world single-player game. Mustn't type or even think before caffeine.

@wolfing-well, they got rid of the horrible thee, thy, thou, shouldst, stuff. 1 Kudo

Spell system and crafting system are totally different. Alchemy is similar, but not as abusable as it was in the first game. 1 Kudo

You're no longer having almost sexual scenes with your sister. -1 Kudo because she was hot and incest is going to be legalized anyway if you ask certain members of this site. :D

Two Worlds Two is not for everyone. It has a Skyrim kinda feel to it but isn't as open. This game will primarily lure those who like messing with stuff. There is a lot of micromanaging in 2W2. If you don't like putting things together and taking them apart, if you hate breaks in the action, then this isn't for you. There are a lot of hidden things in the game that you have to search for. There are mini-games, some great, some dull. It's $20 on Steam, so cheap enough to try. You could look at earlier threads to see if people who like the same types of games as you seem to like this.

They did come up with a 3D music thing later, that I've never tried. I'm not sure if my old Audigy that has been in at least four computers now could handle something like that.

Last edited:
Two Worlds 2 had some interesting parts to it. It also has what is probably the worst voice acting I've ever heard. Even Oblivion voice acting might have been better lol . Besides that, the few hours I've played was pretty cool. Nice exploration and loot. I have this one for the Xbox 360 though, but I don't think it's a very moddable game anyway. Never tried the multiplayer stuff.

@wolfing or anyone interested: http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12846&highlight=Two+Worlds+Two

The above is a thread where several different members of the watch discuss the game. You might find enough detail to decide from there. I'm a fanboy of this game and shouldn't be trusted. Grab the no respawn mod and the dye and jewelry mods if you decide to play. The links are in the old thread.

The past week or so I've been steadily locked into a game of Arx Fatalis. It seems to have sever consolitist issues, but I'm really digging the underwold that you get to explore. Some of the dungeons/crypts that I've been through have had some tough puzzles and wicked fiends to fight as well. I've had friends mention this game to me in the past, as well as seeing it mentioned here a few times, and now I know why. Great game!

The setting of Arx Fatalis is fantastic. It's worth putting up with the issues just to experience it. I've been toying with the idea of revisiting it again soon.

I had a couple of weeks of limited gaming due to illness and family issues, which put me off my game of Divinity Original Sin. I've not been able to get back into it yet, but hopefully I'll pick it up again soon. In the meantime, I've just restarted Saints Row 2 after seeing a recent RPS article on it. It feels really sloppy after SR3 and 4, but I've got a mod pack that fixes a few bugs and brightens the colors up a lot. The controls are still pretty bad, but at least it crisps up the graphics enough to improve visibility.

After being hellaciously bored for the past month or so, I downloaded Deathtrap, a quasi arpg/tower defense game. Been having fun. It's Orcs Must Die crossed with... I guess Van Helsing.

Playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. It's hmm... okish. I like the art and the music. Combat as a mage (don't know the other classes) is so far really easy. It does a few things I really don't like, but the main thing I'm hating is...

Monty Haul loot: Seriously, it's like the devs said "loot is fun! let's put loot everywhere!" and I mean everywhere, walk around, chest! go to a dungeon, chest outside! open door, chest inside! kill a lousy kobold... Uber Sword of Uber Awesomeness! Which would be awesome if you didn't already have 228 Uber Sword of Mega Awesomeness plus 16 Helmets of IRockness, 10 robes of super mageness, 8 longbows of venomous punctureness, etc. and that's only the loot for the current dungeon. If you forget to sell all the crap between one dungeon and the next, you'll waste more time dropping stuff you don't need to loot better stuff than fighting the mobs.
It also has respawns which I'm not a fan of, but I just sprint past them and they'll leave me alone so it's not that big of a deal.

The past week or so I've been steadily locked into a game of Arx Fatalis. It seems to have sever consolitist issues, but I'm really digging the underwold that you get to explore. Some of the dungeons/crypts that I've been through have had some tough puzzles and wicked fiends to fight as well. I've had friends mention this game to me in the past, as well as seeing it mentioned here a few times, and now I know why. Great game!

Just a quick thing that took me far too long to figure out when I played the game: You can "Save" spells for later, so you can make the signs before you are about to enter a fight, and have a couple ready for when you need them. I got through most of the game by frantically drawing my signs in the middle of battle, which made the game a lot harder than it should have been...

Arx Fatalis intrigues me greatly, but I always had this idea that exploring an underground world couldn't possibly be fun for me. I don't know why, but I just picture a lot of claustrophobic caves and not much else. But AF has some towns, NPCs, different type of landscapes, right? :thinking:

Arx Fatalis intrigues me greatly, but I always had this idea that exploring an underground world couldn't possibly be fun for me. I don't know why, but I just picture a lot of claustrophobic caves and not much else. But AF has some towns, NPCs, different type of landscapes, right? :thinking:

Oh yeah, there's more to it than just caves. It's all obviously enclosed, to keep the sense of claustrophobia, but it varies in flavor; some classic dungeons, some natural caves, some more open areas, towns, etc. Every RPG fan should give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom