What games are you playing now?

I am finally getting around to playing Pillars of Eternity with both expansions. I figure I have all these autographed boxes sitting around I should get to it :) I am enjoying it right now though I am a bigger fan of turn based battles.

Really enjoy the graphics and the story seems pretty good. Building up your castle is a nice addition and that endless dungeon that was put in for stretch goals seems like the large kind of dungeons I enjoy.

My main is a Paladin. Not sure that was the right choice because with all these dialogue options I never know if I am making the right choices. Decided to kill the lord of that castle and help his cousin. I had no idea if this would be good for my pally or not :)

Didn't someone say that playing a paladin in Eternity is already the hardest difficulty and playing it solo on ingame hardest difficulty is impossible mission - because Eternity paladins are not OP as in other games? ;)

I'm playing Disciples 3. I love the change to a tactical combat, don't know why it has overall negative reviews (unless it's because of crashes or something). From what I've seen it's mostly because the previous games had like 5 campaigns while this one only starts with 3 and you need an expansion for a 4th. I get that, but honestly I like the tactical combat so if they ever make a 4th I hope they keep that aspect.

Grim Dawn, almost finished it :D

Very good , usually this genre bores me after a few hours since i dont have the patience from years back, but this game managed to keep me playing it

I'm playing Disciples 3. I love the change to a tactical combat, don't know why it has overall negative reviews (unless it's because of crashes or something). From what I've seen it's mostly because the previous games had like 5 campaigns while this one only starts with 3 and you need an expansion for a 4th. I get that, but honestly I like the tactical combat so if they ever make a 4th I hope they keep that aspect.

Personally I liked the 2nd better. Part of the reason for the third part's reception was the terrible bugginess at release (which was fixed when I got to it). There are a number of other things I didn't like. The boring skill trees, for example, the fact that you have predetermined heroes, and the fact that the maps play out a lot more linearly. The old combat was also tactical, it just left out movement, and played out A LOT faster. I did play part 3 around 70 hours, but I just couldn't enjoy it as much as part 2.

Personally I liked the 2nd better. Part of the reason for the third part's reception was the terrible bugginess at release (which was fixed when I got to it). There are a number of other things I didn't like. The boring skill trees, for example, the fact that you have predetermined heroes, and the fact that the maps play out a lot more linearly. The old combat was also tactical, it just left out movement, and played out A LOT faster. I did play part 3 around 70 hours, but I just couldn't enjoy it as much as part 2.

Now that I've played more, I see it crashes a lot in my laptop (like, once every couple of hours), luckily the game auto-saves every turn and before every battle.

I do prefer the tactical combat over the previous iterations. I don't mind the predetermined heroes and the linearity of the maps at all (actually, I think I prefer the linear maps).

Pure coincidence. Usually, I entered the building either through the sewers or straight through the main doors and passed by the
secret den before I left, but this time I happened to enter through the dog kennels which have a door next to A's secret den. This means that the den was the first room in the main building I came by, and old sticky fingers didn't let this chance pass. - Oh right, should B see you take out A he will try to fight you (happened to me a few times), but when I took out A this time (after he had already drawn his saber on B), B will let you go. You can even talk to him. That's so … cool.
Now I'm actively looking for alternative routes through the other (side) missions. Perhaps I should work a bit more with possession to liven things up.
Oh - my.
Last night I tried to bring about every possible solution to these guy's meeting, and I kinda feel sorry for them now … after I got them killed/tranq-darted/scared senseless over and over again :devilish:.
The funniest solution to saving person B's hide?
For me it was summon rats in the meeting room. Both guys panicked, B did flee the premises, subquest solved. Though possessing person A is another funny option, because he will not be able to speak then … and B will comment on how A doesn't seem to feel well, and that he'll be back later, and leave.
But there's another minimal invasive option with a GREAT, great result:
Follow the lads down to the secret den and stay crouched near the door. There's a music player there that, well, plays music. Wait until A draws his saber - and switch off the music player. Hilarity ensues, I promise!

Yes, B turns around when the music stops, sees A with saber drawn, draws his own, and both guys go at each other's throats like champs!
Both were both pretty good with the blade, but the duel was over the instant one of them drew his pistol and fired. Sadly, in four out of five attempts A won the duel, spoiling my side quest. But when B actually managed to draw first, a) he solved my person-A-problem for me and b) never knew I was there. He made a snide remark about bad boy A and walked out whistling.
Still laughing tears.

Probably shouldnt be enjoying Sakura Dungeon as much as I am, but it's turned into a guilty pleasure of mine.

Just finished Shadow of Mordor too on PS4, and while I felt it was a good game for what it was - i certainly hit a power ceiling and I was nigh invincible. There's no real reason to keep playing after the main campaign ended. Worth the money tho, it was a quality title

Well, I'm still playing Dishonored in a low chaos run. I even managed to ghost levels several times, something I never managed to do before due to severe fits of impatience.
Last night I had lots of fun with General Tobias in Mission 6 … just for the giggles. Even though I had no reason to do so, I abducted the man with a combination of Bend Time II/Blink II and sleeper hold, then I deposited him pretty much everywhere just to take embarassing screenshots: unconscious Tobias in the bathroom, on the torturer's workbench, in the servant's dorm with a bunch of maids and guards, and so on.
Just because I could.

It was fun until he suddenly vanished ... no idea what happened. One moment, he was dangling from a chandelier, and swoosh - the next moment he was gone. But at least he didn't fall down and break his neck, my kill list was clean when finishing the mission.

Attachments

• drunkdecorating.jpg
    drunkdecorating.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 122
Been playing a no magic archer/assassin in Skyrim, ignoring the MQ. It's been about 2 years since I played Skyrim so am enjoying finding new things.

Also Mark of the Ninja. IIRC this is by the same people that did Invisible Inc. It's a fun stealth platformer, good because you can play short or long sessions, very easy to pickup/put down.

-kwm

Playing Lords of the Fallen. Its supposed to be the European Dark Souls clone. Pretty good and lot easier than Dark Souls 3 so far. This is mostly down to me getting used to this kind of play style after DS3. However I think mobs don't kill you as quickly as DS3. For example, in DS3 if you get 2 to 3 hits, you are dead but in here you can easily take 4 to 5 hits.

I am enjoying the atmosphere and level designs as well. They tell story via audio clips around the area, bit like Diablo 3. This is an excellent medium to deliver story without breaking flow of game play since you can still fight while listening to it. I wish more games will do this. Its pity that in Lords, the story isn't that interesting so far!

The combat animations aren't as fluid as DS3 but they are still pretty good. Also the camera can get wonky if you get stuck in corner and ins guaranteed death.

I think this is good starting point for anyone who like to get into Souls like game.

sword coast legends - might be the shittiest rpg ive played in the last few years, its TERRIBLE omg

Still playing, ahem, Dishonored.
While I went on a killing spree yesterday after a bad day at work, I went on a photo safari today, trying to get mugshots of all the fine officer headsculpts in the game. Four of the five models in the game have named instances so I used those names for my gallery of incredible cuteness :p :

Attachments

• DHOfficerModels.jpg
    DHOfficerModels.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 66
wow. Thanks for the warning on Sword Coast!
Played some Armello - argh. Looked promising, but nah….

I go back into my comfort zone of Dungeon Keeper today

Last edited:
Sword Coast Legends isn't as bad as some are claiming. I think it's worth trying if you can pick it up for $10. It can scratch your D&D itch for a little while at least. It sucks if you try to compare it to any of the classics though.

I'm currently playing Wasteland 2: Director's Cut. Yeah, it's not a newly-released game, but since it was resting on my backlog here, I picked it. If you like Fallout 1 & 2, chances are you'll like W2: DC too!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom