Oblivion Finished Nehrim mod for Oblivion and it sucked...

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator
...up more of my time than any game in years. :lol: And it continues to suck up my time as I started a new character in a new game of it. Bravo!

It was a little rough in places but overall it was fantastic. It really shows how much Bethesda could have done with the original Oblivion plot.

Nice flamebait there. :lol: Sigh, I was one of the early adopters here, and I am still only a few hours in. I want more free time...

Nice flamebait there. :lol:

Moi?

Sigh, I was one of the early adopters here, and I am still only a few hours in. I want more free time…

I didn't MEAN to spend so much time on it but then 50-ish hours were gone over the course of a couple weeks and I finished the main plot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Nehrim is one of the best Oblivion total conversions yet.

Has anybody tried their Morrowind mod ?

Last edited:
I would love to try this mod out but unfortunately I will not install oblivion again after finding the game boring and with bad game mechanics.I rather play DragonAge And BaldursGate games than that game.

I would love to try this mod out but unfortunately I will not install oblivion again after finding the game boring and with bad game mechanics.I rather play DragonAge And BaldursGate games than that game.

You're only cheating yourself with that attitude. Don't underestimate what the right mods can do for a game.

You're only cheating yourself with that attitude. Don't underestimate what the right mods can do for a game.

I have some mods work others crashed my game it was a huge hassle.Not everyone loves oblivion believe me I tried.I can never get into the game.As I said i wont reinstall the game again.Some recent news looks like the next one will be a online mmo So it will be another game I wont try.

You would "love to try the mod", but don't because you won't install Oblivion. I'm sure there is a logic to that somewhere...
Well, if your problem with Oblivion is the technology, or the combat system itself, then indeed you shouldn't . Regarding most other aspects, Nehrim is a different game, with its own strengths and weaknesses. Peoples mileage regarding crashes seems to vary.

You would "love to try the mod", but don't because you won't install Oblivion. I'm sure there is a logic to that somewhere…
Well, if your problem with Oblivion is the technology, or the combat system itself, then indeed you shouldn't . Regarding most other aspects, Nehrim is a different game, with its own strengths and weaknesses. Peoples mileage regarding crashes seems to vary.

Yes my problem with Oblivion is the technology, or the combat system itself.Including the weak quest system.Every Bethesda game suffers from these problems.Fallout 3 was easy to install the mods required to make it better.Bethesda even mentioned it was there own fault because the engine they used to make the game and because of poor technical skills.

They know how to make graphics look good but not much else. Hence why I said I would love to try the mod, but don't because I will not install or try to play Oblivion.Im looking forward to fallout nv though because of obsidian they know how to make rpgs and implement quests quests better then Bethesda.

Last edited:
Im looking forward to fallout nv though because of obsidian they know how to make rpgs and implement quests quests better then Bethesda.

I have to say, I disagree with that statement... Bethesda makes better RPGs than Obsidian...

Although, I agree with constant Oblivion crashes.

I wrote them an e-mail offering my help in translating, but I never got an answer.

I just don't want to register in yet another forum ...

Yes my problem with Oblivion is the technology, or the combat system itself.Including the weak quest system.Every Bethesda game suffers from these problems.Fallout 3 was easy to install the mods required to make it better.Bethesda even mentioned it was there own fault because the engine they used to make the game and because of poor technical skills.They know how to make graphics look good but not much else. Hence why I said I would love to try the mod, but don't because I will not install or try to play Oblivion.Im looking forward to fallout nv though because of obsidian they know how to make rpgs and implement quests quests better then Bethesda.

OK then, the combat feels the same, and the art is unchanged (and indeed performance is poorer due to many more objects and scripts in the world).
The quests and story are very different in Nehrim though. Generally linear, but very involved and spiced up by smart scripting and really well designed locations. Well, I won't try to convince you any further.

Are any of you getting a strange quirk with Nehrim (English version) and Win7 (32-bit), namely it completely freezing your computer once you quit the game? Sometimes it manages to unfreeze on its own after a few minutes, sometimes I need to end the program with the program manager, etc. It's happening to me everytime I quit Nehrim and it's pretty tiresome. I cannot find a fix to this problem. Any hints? (Yes, I've tried XP compatibility modes and running as admin.)

I get the same thing with Win7/64. I've learned to live with it but I understand that there is a quick exit mod for Oblivion that can be used to mostly cure this.

I have tried Oblivion several times since it's release. I always go through a 2-day process of collating all the appropriate mods and configurations and invariably am still let down. Has this total conversion mod finally made Oblivion worthwile? Or would I need further mods to have the proper experience?

I wouldn't mind giving it another go but I don't think I have the fortitude to try and figure out all the mods again,...

You don't need any mods for Nehrim, it's complete in itself. Whether or not you'll like it is another question. It's better than Oblivion IMHO but if you could never get into OB it may not be enough. I think it's worth a try though. I enjoyed it very much but I also liked OB for a year or so.

I have tried Oblivion several times since it's release. I always go through a 2-day process of collating all the appropriate mods and configurations and invariably am still let down. Has this total conversion mod finally made Oblivion worthwile? Or would I need further mods to have the proper experience?

I wouldn't mind giving it another go but I don't think I have the fortitude to try and figure out all the mods again,…

Depends.

If you don't like Oblivion because of purely gameplay reasons, Nehrim might be just the thing.

If you don't like Oblivion due to technical/engine/animation quirks - Nehrim will do nothing for you.

What if I consider the original Oblivion with no mods (except reducing the font size) a really really really good game?

Back
Top Bottom