JA:Flashback - Last Major Update

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Full Control releasd a new press release with information about the last major update for Jagged Alliance: Flashback before the games official releases on Steam.

‘Jagged Alliance: Flashback’ Gets Last Major Update Today!

Ahead of Jagged Alliance: Flashback’s October 21st launch, Full Control has today released the last major content update before launch. In addition to unlocking the Angetta and Secret Sectors, making the game now content complete, Full Control has implemented an Energy System, a Morale System, new weapons and a strategic map overhaul. Players can download the Early Access version of Jagged Alliance: Flashback already at its final retail price of $29.99, £24.99, €29.99: http://store.steampowered.com/app/256010/

New Jagged Alliance: Flashback Update Features:

Energy System: The energy system aims to create the feeling of exhaustion or vigoration at appropriate times. A unit will run low on energy after sprinting for several consecutive turns, simulating being out of breath, exhaustion or even unconsciousness.
Morale System: Every mercenary has their own morale rating. If a unit is shot the morale is reduced. This can cause both the enemy and the player to panic, run away or make deadly mistakes.
Drop & Loot system: has been substantially revised, containers are now accessible throughout the game.
New enemy spawn system: provides enemies with more varied equipment according to specific experience level and assigns them to unique squads.
Improved enemy AI: enemies will now go into cover, move or change stance and use their equipment to the best of their ability
15 new iconic weapons: New handguns, SMGs, assault- and sniper rifles
All Sectors unlocked: All Sectors from the final game can now be accessed and explored!
Strategic Map UI Overhaul

About Jagged Alliance: Flashback:

Bringing back the true spirit of this legendary series, Jagged Alliance: Flashback features turn-based tactics, crazy mercenary personalities and intense battles. Players must manage a squad of unique mercenaries to secure income and eventually take the island back - sector by sector, turn by turn.
More information.

Last edited:
I have high hopes for this game - most JA clones failed so far -> don't disappoint me this time :fingerscrossed:

I'm likely to get this if RPGWatch reviews this well...

However, I hope there is some more to it than just battles. I enjoy the 'city' management of X-com as well and it gives the game a nice breather from just battles.

That's what put me off of Blackguards as there was nothing to the game but battles.

I don't have the game, but the comments on Steam and Kickstarter are quite discouraging. Basically, they will release the game on the 21st no matter the state of the game... I would not keep my hopes high for this one.

I just got my key, so I'll give it a try once I've finished WL2.

Last edited:
It will require heavy modding to be anything like JA2, just FYI. That's the bad news.

The good news is that there is a very active and willing modding community looking forward to getting started.

Oh, I thought how fast they are working, but reading the comments.. :( :) No problem, Long War Beta 14 will come out soon, then work begins on B15. :D Meanwhile Military Retexture Packs are being updated for Enemy Within so it will look as gorgeous as it can be humanly done. That's the real news

Well, I guess I will wait until modders turn this game into same quality as JA2 1.13 and then buy it on some Steam sale.

Back
Top Bottom