Legends of Eisenwald - Review @ Tech-Gaming

I love it so far, im like in Chapter 3 or is it 4 if people include the tutorial?
I love the game engine, i cant wait for modders to get some campaigns created.
Its a good slick interface for storytelling, with inns and units and squad tactics. did this game take like 6 years or more to finish? i can tell it took alot of work.
Congrats Aterdux.

Maybe in future i might lease this engine for a RPG i want to create.

Thanks you.

We plan to make our engine open source and give it to everyone for free. But first it needs to be ported fully, we started porting it to C. Right now it's in Delphi.

I love Delphi - are you using Delphi 7 or Delphi XE?

Yep - Delphi is Windows only. I grew up with Turbo Pascal and every now and then I program something in Delphi XE.
Not very popular nowadays, but I still think that Pascal-like languages are much easier to read and program than C-like languages.

I used to program myself in C++ but familiar with Turbo Pascal too from the university times. C based languages seem more universal though these days.

Maybe an off topic question but why would you do a game like this in Delphi? I thought Delphi is pretty much "dead" language these days?

History. Had some libraries from Discord Times, that game is made in Delphi and both our programmers are very proficient in Delphi as well.

History. Had some libraries from Discord Times, that game is made in Delphi and both our programmers are very proficient in Delphi as well.

I haven been messing about with the game (will start once I am down with Witcher 3) and it seems like solid piece of software so its even more impress knowing that its written in an "old" language like Delphi :)

Back
Top Bottom