Chasm - 2D Fantasy ARPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Yes I can see it already your thinking not another one, and were does he keep finding them. Discord Games has started a kickstater called Chasm.

Chasm (pronounced kaz-um) is a 2D Action-RPG Platformer currently in development for Windows, Mac, & Linux. Taking equal inspiration from hack ‘n slash dungeon crawlers (procedurally generated dungeons, loot drops, etc) and Metroidvania-style platformers, the game aims to immerse you in its 2D fantasy world full of exciting treasure, deadly enemies, and abundant secrets.
We are attempting to create an authentic retro experience similar to the games you remember. Chasm was heavily influenced by games like Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, The Legend of Zelda, Metroid and Diablo. If these games are your style, then this is the game you have been waiting for!
In Chasm, players take up the role of a soldier passing through a remote mining town on their journey home from a long war. The town’s miners have recently disappeared after breaching a long-forgotten temple far below the town, and reawakened an ancient slumbering evil. Now trapped in the town by supernatural forces, you’re left with no option but to explore the mines below, battle enemies and bosses, and increase your abilities in hopes of finally escaping and returning home.
More information.

I saw this one the other day while poking around Kickstarter obsessively hoping that Original Sin will suddenly double its pledge total. They have had the most well-managed Kickstarter campaign out of any I have seen run.

Anyway, this does look like a pretty sweet game, I am considering chipping in for a copy.

I have my fingers crossed; this looks like a fun one.

Back
Top Bottom