Was 2014 A Good Year for RPGs?

• It Was a Good Year

Votes: 68 82.9%
  • It Was Just Okay

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • It Was Terrible

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
For all of you who haven't tried MMX I highly recommend it. I did not like any previous M&M release, but MMX scratched an itch I didn't even know I had. It is a fantastic game and if you are skipping it you are missing out. If you dislike 1st person sp party-based crpgs in general, such as Wizardry, etc, then you may definitely want to skip it. But if that sub-genre has any appeal to you then MMX is a must-play.

Might have to give it a spin when it becomes uninfested with Uplay.

Amazing year for RPGs, my personal favourites were:

Divinity: Original Sin - The best RPG IMO of the year, a truly amazing experience.
Dragon Age: Inquisition - This seems to cop a bit of hate on this forum.. not sure why, it's a great RPG if a bit grindy/easy: definitely requires a gamepad for max enjoyment.
Wasteland 2 - Haven't finished it but loving what I've played.
Dark Souls 2 - It's more Souls... enough said.
Banner Saga - Great story/characters and visual style.

I thought it was a great year, I especially liked the indie titles. More and more independent games are filling a niche that caters to older gamers tired of 'consolized' AAA titles like myself.

The best I remember since I play CRPGs (nearly 25 years ago...)
Probably due to the fact that AAA games have almost dissapeared and, at last, the key design decissions are made by gamers and not by businessmen. Gamers want to make good games and then, earn money. Businessmen want to earn money, so they decide to make a game ... or whatever...

Back
Top Bottom