Kotaku - Let's Rank The Fallout Games

Aside from F1 vs F2, all these games are so different from one another that it's just silly to compare them. Whole lotta personal preference going on.

. Fallout 3 hasn't aged really well..
I think it's aged just as well as FNV; the notable difference is that FNV's engine's features + NVSE upgrades (over fose) have driven most modders to FNV because modding FO3 is cumbersome as hell in comparison.

Last edited:
Fallout Threads. Fallout threads, never change...s. ;)

1. Fallout. It's the original and arguably the most RPG-heavy vision which has the tightest of conceptions. It established the canon and concisely, without going over the top or degrading its messages with too much off the wall silliness. For what it's worth, I don't think the first intro has been matched either.

2. New Vegas. Does its best to continue the tone of the original game as well as connecting much more strongly than F3 did with the established lore of the series. Better writing, choices and consequences and greater role-playing opportunities than the games below it.

3. Fallout 2.

4. Tactics

5. F3

I've never played Brotherhood of Steel; the many nasty short reviews that I've read have seemingly kept me well and truly away from it. Can any Fallout fan attest to any redeeming features that the game has to convince me to check it out? :)

I've never played Brotherhood of Steel; the many nasty short reviews that I've read have seemingly kept me well and truly away from it. Can any Fallout fan attest to any redeeming features that the game has to convince me to check it out?

Not really.

It's been many years, but I remember it as a trivial and weak action game that did nothing interesting whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom