Silverfall - Demo Available

HAs anyone else had problems trying to configure graphical options? I always seem to be an automatic low quality level.

I'm on a preview build rather than the demo, but I have a GameSetup.exe in the app directory.

Is the world meant to be suddenly cut off by water? I tried to do the Zepplin quest only to find an ocean in the way, and oddly it's not on my map... (map shows the land continuing)

I assume this is there as it's only a demo.

Incidently I'm really enjoying the game, I've got a mad goblin warrior with a cowboy hat! :) Can't wait to get a big gun of some sort!

Daniel.

I'm on a preview build rather than the demo, but I have a GameSetup.exe in the app directory.

Thanks, didn't notice that :)

Unfortunately after mucho tweaking I've noticed the game won't run well or at all in my PC. It locks up on the splash screen with the big tit... Erm, female warrior totally not made to tailore teenage fantasies, and doesn't go anywhere. I only managed to get through it once but the performance was horrible. When I exited and launched it again, it locked and hasn't been allowing me to go past that screen. Even with all graphical options lowered or disabled, this still happens.

I'll try downloading the demo again when my new PC arrives.

The load times are unreal--and I have 2 gigs ram/dual core & fast processor---but the game itself runs fine. The camera angle is hard to get used to--keep getting ambushed by things I can't see til they have almost killed me. Looks like it could be a fun game, tho.

You go can into start - programs - monte christo- silverfall demo - silverfall demo
options - then click on 'advanced options'. In these, you can set the video quality
to either high, medium or low as well as change some other stuff.

I think I've read on the French forum (took a lot of time ;) ) that the zeppelin quest can't be finished in the game, since you can't go to Cloudworks in the demo. The same goes for the none collector quest.

PS:
Daniel ---

If you're in the Elf Village --- try getting the quest to get a box to assemble something. Your Goblin warrior might be useful to someone when the box is
delivered.

Okay. I finished the demo. The game seems almost as empty as Dungeon Lords. If you don't count mobs, there is VERY little covering the vast landscape. I actually bothered to clear a whole map just to see what was on it besides mobs. Nada. A few chests, a couple of ruins that can't be entered, and an occasional barrel or debris that can be smashed. That's it. The only reason to clear a map is if you want to kill stuff at level 30 instead of level 10. The game has level scaling that is exactly like Oblivions. You might fight a level 1, 10, 40 zombie in the same exact location.

If I were to compare Silverfall to Titan Quest, I'd say that TQ is a retail game while Silverfall plays like a shareware game. This is definitely a bargain shelf game unless the final build is lightyears ahead of the demo.

Okay. I finished the demo.

Already??? :biggrin:

The game seems almost as empty as Dungeon Lords. If you don't count mobs, there is VERY little covering the vast landscape. I actually bothered to clear a whole map just to see what was on it besides mobs. Nada. A few chests, a couple of ruins that can't be entered, and an occasional barrel or debris that can be smashed. That's it. The only reason to clear a map is if you want to kill stuff at level 30 instead of level 10. The game has level scaling that is exactly like Oblivions. You might fight a level 1, 10, 40 zombie in the same exact location.

If I were to compare Silverfall to Titan Quest, I'd say that TQ is a retail game while Silverfall plays like a shareware game. This is definitely a bargain shelf game unless the final build is lightyears ahead of the demo.

Fully agree with you. I'll get this when it's EUR 9.99 just to play around with it for a little while but they ain't getting full price for a click fest game with weird graphics, respawning monsters and corpse-camping from moi :) .

Okay, somebody here at work has the full game. I'm not sure if it's pirated or if he bought the UK version. He has a character that went to Cloudworks and the game has a ton of quests in that city. There were lots of submaps (sewers, mines, robot factory, etc) all within the one map area. If the rest of the game is this full, it will make me totally rethink my purchase. I also noticed that his level 20 Troll was wiping out the marsh area creatures. They only level up with you to level 10. After that, they stop matching you and they become fodder. You can also just ignore them and run past, that's what he did. I ordered the game from Gogamer. It is only 34.90 with $4 for shipping. I should have it in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom