What games are you playing now?

Any good? I'm considering getting the episodes as my next purchase, but I don't know if I should just get Lost and the Damned or the double pack (The Ballad of Gay Tony doesn't interest me that much, although the parachutes look fun).

Gay Tony is in almost every aspect better than LatD in my opinion. Longer, better story/characters, more variation, more fleshed out etc. Still, play LotD first, it's short and easy to complete, but as a whole GT adds the bulk of the meat in the package.

Gay Tony is in almost every aspect better than LatD in my opinion. Longer, better story/characters, more variation, more fleshed out etc. Still, play LotD first, it's short and easy to complete, but as a whole GT adds the bulk of the meat in the package.

Yeah, that's pretty much also the impression I got - although I've yet to try "Gay Tony". As I see it, Lost and the Damned doesn't bring anything new to the table (of any significance). If you like GTA4 style missions then this is more of the same, which may or may not be good enough for you :)

Great game. I was just recently playing around with it, before I started my playthrough of Fallout 3. I'm looking forward to getting back to it when I have the time.

Yeah, seems like a really cool game. I like these mixes of the action/adventure genre :)

It actually seems quite similar to that other game "Amnesia" I'm playing... maybe they were inspired by it.

Yeah, that's pretty much also the impression I got - although I've yet to try "Gay Tony". As I see it, Lost and the Damned doesn't bring anything new to the table (of any significance). If you like GTA4 style missions then this is more of the same, which may or may not be good enough for you :)

Fair enough. Thanks to both of you :D Just one question, does LatD add biker-themed clothing for multiplayer?

Each campaign is significantly shorter than that about Nico, so I felt less of a need to "invest" in the DLC's (buddy relations, achievements etc).

LotD is about 1/3 the size of Gay Tony in length. It have it's entire focus on being a biker, which means building the gang and even leveling gangmembers, much improved bike mechanics, rules about gang formation etc, but due to it's short length I felt no real need to care about building the gang. When a rookiee died I got another anyway. Still, the feel is radically different from the view of an immigrant struggling to get by in the for him foreign environment. You are where you have always been, you are always in the gang, that's your social sphere, your family, the gang economy is your business etc. If gang culture does not appeal to you in the first place though, there's just not enough to make LotD more than a brief ride. And it does feel like small scale version of GTA4 with cut content (no internet for example).

Gay Tony is much more about uptown business, much more epic in scale. The missions have strong variation, plenty of unexpected missions and more variation in side content. Still, I felt little need to invest more time in GT than the story missions, so I enjoyed the story and deinstalled. The lasting feel though is that I enjoyed it more though. It feels they learned from LotD and thus tried harder in take 2.

Funny that you say that. Read my comment about the Amnesia demo. :)

http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11316

Ahh, good to hear you think Realms is even better :) Haven't played that one before.

With regards to Amnesia - I still think it's a pretty good game, but I play it in small chunks of approx 1-1.5h per session. I really liked the Penumbra series, which is part of the reason why I bought this one.. but I think I'll have to agree that Amnesia is not *quite* as good. For one thing I think the puzzles are much simpler, and it's really not that much scarier (if at all).

RotH is one of my favorite games of all times... if not THE favorite game. Hope you enjoy it.

I thought I would be playing Civ V non stop right now, but Elemental debacle had me filling up on 4x on AoW (1 and SM) so change of plans.

Nehrim, Wizardry VII - Crusaders of the Dark Savant and Minecraft are all in the rotation. Fighting the urge to re-up an MMO sub (EQ, AO, WoW or new FFXIV).

In fact, if anyone PM'd me a FFXIV buddy pass I would probably be powerless to not take advantage :roll:

After completing Age of Wonders, AoW2 and AoW2: Shadow Magic, I started playing Planescape: Torment again (bought it yesterday at gog.com). Fantastic game.

Since I'm currently supposed to be studying for exams, I'm doing a bit of a 'retro' stint, and replaying Oblivion :rolleyes: *blush* (Actually some parts are harder than I remember, but that might be because I've really neglected my agility this time, not judging it important at first), and just started on another easy game that I've actually never played before; the first Dungeon Siege.

Well, even though the graphics are pretty old, the latter is one of the prettiest games around - the colours and prettiness even managing to beat Oblivion's much higher realism and detail.

Otherwise, since Civ V is out, I've made another attempt at trying to get 'into' my copy of Civ IV, but I can't help getting bored at the slowness of the game - and I'm a TBS lover in general… :(

OOH! Yes! ..and I also bought GOG's Planescape, but I'm waiting for them to get their downloader going again before I download it.
I was so hoping they'd get PST for us, and now they got not only Baldur's Gate, but that as well! :cool:
I forgive them their silliness with that PR stunt, I do!

Last edited:
As I try to catch up on some of the turn-based strategy classics I missed, I played a game of Master of Orion over the weekend.

Very fun! EXCEPT for an odd game ending bug I got a few times. The game seemed to think that all my colonies had been destroyed - and it would incorrectly present the losing cutscene. Mind you, this happened when I had 50% percent of the systems colonized and once again at about 75%. In both cases I had to rewind to an earlier save, but that wasn't enough. I also had to play slightly differently (by attacking a different colony, for example), otherwise, the bug would happen at the same point in the game again. After about the 4th time this happened I almost decided to abandon MoM. Very frustrating, for the wrong reasons!

I played a downloaded version after first trying my legit copy that was interminably because it constantly accessed the CD drive. Perhaps I experienced some sort of draconian copy protection measure?

The giant space amoeba appeared and wiped out one of my colonies. With the largest force I could muster in the area I was able to defeat it on my second encounter after anticipating the next colony it would strike (you can't attack it while it's on a planet or while it's moving between systems). That's fun drama!

Wow! I just installed Mount&Blade Warband yesterday (never played M&B before), and it's so addicting! The graphics ain't that great and it's a rather slow paces game, but it's awesome. The fights are great (you holding your line, shooting arrows as the enemy approached and then charging in as they come close, it's really cool to look at). I really get the feeling I'm inside a medieval battlefield. You also have loads and loads of freedom. (I joined the Vaegirs, now plundering the Nords).

Wow! I just installed Mount&Blade Warband yesterday (never played M&B before), and it's so addicting! The graphics ain't that great and it's a rather slow paces game, but it's awesome. The fights are great (you holding your line, shooting arrows as the enemy approached and then charging in as they come close, it's really cool to look at). I really get the feeling I'm inside a medieval battlefield. You also have loads and loads of freedom. (I joined the Vaegirs, now plundering the Nords).

Just don't stand your line with Vaegir cavalry , they usually come with 2 hand axes , no shield

RotH is one of my favorite games of all times… if not THE favorite game. Hope you enjoy it.

Just played up until a bit into chapter 5 - and wow, what a game! I'm being completely sucked into its world. Seems a bit inspired by Stephen Kings "The Dark Tower" book series as well. I can't believe I missed this game back in the 90s, but well.. better late then never :)

I have no idea if it's abandonware now, but sometimes you still find copies on Ebay.
Ah yes, and all the talk about RotH made me reinstall and play it (by grace of Dosbox, thanks to the new comp and OS) :). I really, really, REALLY hate the Templars. Hated them all along. I find these guys SO creepy *blech*. Florentine and Belial are rather cute in comparison…

Back
Top Bottom