Welcome - introduce yourself!

I'm always so amazed to hear how people quit WoW for their significant others...that's where I met the person I married! The couple that games together...well, you know. :)

Welcome to RPGWatch. :)

My first CRPG was Ultima III on an 8-bit Atari. I'm currently playing D:OS with a friend. I only have time to game for 2-3 hours per week.

Welcome, Glad to see another that started with the ultima games.

Ultima III was one of the first CRPGs I played. Although, ironically, I played it on the NES. :)

Same here. The second CRPG I played was Wizardry 1, also on the NES.

Been to Red Wings training camp?

Welcome to the boards.

Occasionally I go to Center Ice Fitness for spinning but I've never been out to see the Wings train. An ex-girlfriend, though, once saw Bob Probert peeing on the wall of the Blue Goat (a local wine store). That probably describes Probert's training camp work ethic pretty well.

:lol:

I'm always so amazed to hear how people quit WoW for their significant others…that's where I met the person I married! The couple that games together…well, you know. :)

Thanks! It was not at her request. It seemed the right thing to do as she wasn't a computer gamer. She did come with a bushel basket of MtG cards, though!

:)

Hello everyone, been lurking for over a year and recently joined up, probably about time to say hi.

Been PC gaming since ~1991 when I saved up and purchased my first PC, a 16MHz 286, 40Mb disk and that turbo button ;)

Favourite CRPGs would be Morrowind with NWN second (lots of mods for both) and ADoM third. Fav strategy Civ3, Combat Mission, MoM. I still play all of these from time to time. I'm fond of games that can be modded with user generated content.

I used to spend a lot of time playing online games - Warbirds was my fav to start with (was US$2 per hour to play) but also EQ, DAoC, Planetside, WW2OL and EVE through the years. The time spent on these online games meant I missed out on most of the single player titles that were released during that period. The up side to that is I now have a vast backlog of classics to enjoy. My one regret is missing out on the hey day and therefore multiplayer with some of the titles that offer it. I think being an old roguelike player helps me to not be overly fussed by dated graphics, I'm happy with DosBox games right up to wizz bang Skyrim stuff as long as I enjoy the game play.

Anyway that's enough reminiscing, I should get back to what I'm supposed to be doing. See you round the forums.

-KWM
:party:

Big welcome to kaos_war_monk and Wenzil :)

@Wenzil, my wife was never a gamer and I of got her into WoW and she likes it. Her main aim is trading and making gold. She is getting close to 1 million gold now. With WoW token, that well over 2 years of free game time!

So you never know and your other half may like WoW too :)

Welcome! Nice intro :)

I think I visited a girlfriend in Traverse once; lovely area - a helluva lot better than the Michigan I was accustomed to (Flint).

Hey KWM, we have a group which plays DDO and our own Guild so if you still want to enjoy a little MMO let us know and you can join us. We play regularly every Friday night US time (Sat Morning Oz time) as well as irregularly throughout the week. See Team Corwin in Off Topic for more details, or the slightly outdated DDO forum in the MMO section.

Welcome all (though, Wenzil, I think you've been here longer than I have :biggrin:)

BTW, how is Detroit doing these days? I saw a film about it a couple of years ago, and couldn't believe it. Are things turning around?

I see. Strange times.

Ugh… I used to live right outside of Detroit, and I worked downtown for 7 years.

You couldn't pay me enough to ever move back there. :)

I'm always so amazed to hear how people quit WoW for their significant others…that's where I met the person I married! The couple that games together…well, you know. :)

Met mine on WoW, we were together for 5 years before she did a runner with a younger guy she met in a job I got for her 2 months before we were due to be married. For many guys having a "gamer chick" can be a fantasy. It's one that's never been too productive for me.

Anyway, My name is Gareth, I'm 43, and I live in Wales, UK.
I got directed here by HiddenX and I thought I'd better at least say hi.

So er…hello everyone.

Welcome at the Watch, Gareth - good to see you here. :party:

I know you for some time now through the RPGWatch Steam Group and I always enjoy your Steam reviews and appreciate your good taste in games. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom