Arcania - First Print Reviews

I was just curious what a real reviewer said that wasn't based on one month old code or was just the demo. Sorry for asking.
Didn't mean to be harsh. :)
But it's clear if Arcania were a bug disaster we would already know.

in italy? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. *cough cough cough*

mean but funny

I know there are a lot of folks at this site that just abhor this game because it's not Gothic and the demo stunk. Fair points on their side, but if I can get 20-30 hours of gaming out of Arcania then I'm good. The remake of Bards tale was a disaster but I got in a little over 25 hours. The same with the first remake of DivDiv where the game had you chained to another character. A horrendous game but once again I got in over 25 hours. And with those verdicts I'll never buy a game on day one from those developers every again.

But right now Arcania looks good to me and I think I'm going to have a good time with the game. And if I only get 20 to 30 hours out of the game. Well, all I'm saying is. Ah hell, I don't know what the heck I'm saying. Just shut up and let me think!!!!!!!

The more i learn about Gothic 4 the more it feels like Interplay's Fallout: Piece of Shit situation all over again. I wonder how Spellbound guys must feel. To know, that they had their part in unmaking a classic series. Based on what they've released so far they certainly don't deserve the reaction from gamers that will inevitably follow.

Maybe they'll sell the IP to SureAI and they can have their shot at making a Gothic followup :)

Yes, this bug was cute. I hope the rabbit follows him until the end.

From the "Early Tales Of Development", there's a tale about Divinity I where Lar at one point wrote into the forum that he was the "King od the Bunnies".

He had used an early form of a charming spell (I think it was charming or something similar), which resulted in all bunnies within a certain radius being attracted by his hero/character ... He wrote that his hero/character was literally standing within a huge group of bunnies ... ;)

There are more tales there in the forum, by the way, all collected in one thread/topic with the title of "tales from early development".

Back
Top Bottom