Age of Wonders 3 - Eternal Lords Now Available

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Triumph Studios announced today the new expansion for Age of Wonders III called Eternal Lords is available on Steam for $19.99, and offer the complete saga for $40.19.

Embrace forbidden powers and prepare to reign for eternity, as today Triumph Studios launches the highly anticipated Eternal Lords Expansion!

Eternal Lords is the major, second expansion for Age of Wonders III, marking one year of continuous development since its release. With the introduction of the Tigran and Frostling races and the new Necromancer class, players must adapt to a world on the brink of cataclysmic change. New mechanics include the Race Governance system, which allows players to tailor the features of each race in their empire to meet their strategic needs, and adds new layers of depth to empire development and diplomacy.

The expansion is accompanied by the free V1.5 main game update introducing Vassals, the New Play by Email multiplayer mode, Mac/Linux support, Race Relations, improved AI, and more racial unit diversity
More information.

Will try today and multiplay that next week-end. The last trailer was really engaging and these Necromancer lords will make my day, no doubt about it ! :)

I bought AoW3 for some MP sessions, but they ruined it by forcing players to watch while battles were fought, regardless of whether they were actually part of those battles. That made the game take way too long, and really ruined the flow. Of course, you could just automate everything - but then the entire tactical aspect of the game is lost.

I wonder if they changed that? I liked the rest of the game - so I might check it out again.

Probably worth a look. I don't know anything about how the MP works, but I do know the patch that came with this expansion added "play by email," so there's one MP change.

I bought this game for SP mode and was slightly disappointed by rather poor both campaigns (very long battles at the end, plus the last scenario is the SAME for both factions). I hope that I will get some better SP experience from the second expansion. The game is great and have a great potential for SP experience, I just wish that in the age of MMOs and MP games some devs would still remember about humble old school players.

Back
Top Bottom