Age of Conan - Letter from the Game Director

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Gaute Godager returns to tell about the plans for the near future. It's a long letter and starts thus:
Greetings fellow players.

While it has been some time since I last gave you an update, I wanted to touch base and let you know what we are working on at the moment and where we are going in the times to come. I want this update to focus on what is actually happening to the game now, what we have done, and also some of the reasoning behind our choices going forward.

As you all know we have been live for some seven weeks by now, and what a period it has been! While Conan has sold more and performed better than even we could have hoped for, we also know that there have been things we had to work on. I will not try to hide from this fact, but I hope you have seen our steady stream of improvements and additions, in fact, even more than I would have thought possible! I am definitively proud of the team and what they have done after launch, and I think everyone agrees that we are making Conan better, all the time. We are also keeping almost the entire development team ON the Age of Conan live team for the foreseeable future, meaning we can make exciting new content updates on an ongoing basis. Still, let me underline that our main – main – focus at the moment are bugs, stability and performance! I might not talk very much about the details here, but the frequency of the patches and their contents speak for itself.
More information.

"and also some of the reasoning behind our choices going forward. "

read: we didn't listen to you, our players, and did what we wanted to do anyway.

hear hear!

Funcoms management of Aoc has been arrogant and incompetent. Cancelling my account :)

Back
Top Bottom