Puzzle Quest: Galactrix - Released for PC, Review @ Wired.com

magerette

Hedgewitch
Inifinitive Interactive's space themed sequel to their multi-platform title Puzzle Quest, Galactrix, sees the light of day today in North and South America and via Gamersgate, according to Blues News.
Puzzle Quest Galactrix is now available via digital distribution on Gamersgate, offering its "signature Match-3, turn based battles in an insanely addictive and masterful hybrid of RPG and Puzzle genres." The game is also now available in North and South American retail stores for Windows and DS, and probably at other digital distributors, if not now, soon. If you are curious, a playable demo is also available.
And Lucky Day posts a link in our forums to a review of the PC version at Wired.com:
Fans of the original Puzzle Quest will feel right at home, but Galactrix is no shameless retread. Completely revamped gameplay mechanics power this sprawling space adventure, resulting in an incredibly entertaining sequel that's barely recognizable. Despite the casual-sounding moniker, this is a decidedly hard-core game: All but the hardiest puzzle fans might find themselves over-matched.
The reviewer does point out a few weaknesses, though the review is overall positive with a score of 8/10:
Galactrix is a surprisingly robust game, but you really need to have an investment in the rote act of matching gems to appreciate it all. Combat and the various mini-games are all strikingly different, which stands as testament to developer Infinite Interactive's ability to keep a rather simple puzzle mechanic feeling fresh, but the sheer multitude of activities detracts from the opportunities to wage puzzle-based war on enemy ships -- arguably the most fun of the lot.
Thanks, Lucky Day.

More information.

*installing shiny new copy*

See y'all in a couple weeks. ;)

Sorry. Not work related. Writing something on my own time... and given aggressive scheduling at work and two young kids at home, my spare time isn't all that huge. My gaming has fallen way behind since I started the thing.

Hence holding Fire Emblem and PQG out as carrots on the stick that I can't get until I finish writing. :)

Do not buy it, Mr. Weekes. Do not stare longingly at the box. Under no circumstances should you install it. Playing is right out.

3 hours gone and the only reason I stopped was to help the kids do their homework. Needy little brats... I took me a Unisom just to make sure I can't be tempted to play into the wee hours. I think that will prove to be very wise, cuz the game rocks.

I have still not installed my copy ... need more Drakensang time as well as other real life stuff...

Back
Top Bottom