Pricewatch!

I just wish they would fix those absolutely awful controls and do a proper PC port for once.
Just grab AC:Rogue and enjoy the K+M shipfighting bonanza. Or AC4, although I suggest skipping that one because it's… Unoptimized code on PC that probably won't stutter only on 10Ghz nonexisting CPUs.
I seriously don't know how people could play those two on controller.

Just grab AC:Rogue and enjoy the K+M shipfighting bonanza. Or AC4, although I suggest skipping that one because it's… Unoptimized code on PC that probably won't stutter only on 10Ghz nonexisting CPUs.
I seriously don't know how people could play those two on controller.

I prefer to play everything in order, as there is a story continuation between the games. 3 games in, and I still get annoyed with the controls being absolutely terrible. How many different use keys do we need? Why even have more than one? Why all the control inconsistencies in the first place, even if played on a gamepad that would be annoying (Assassin's Creed Broterhood had no less than 3 different "use" keys, and it was not consistent about it. Why have different keys for dismounting things (cannons, boats, horses) when you could just assign a single key, it's not like there is no logical key for this that is never used during any of these segments). And why swap my attack key? Why is right mouse button used during some segments? But the key overlap is also a problem, sometimes there are several different commands linked to a single key that can conflict with each other, and it could easily have been solved by just adding one or two more keys to the mix. The impression, from a game design point of view, that I've got from the Assassin's Creed games up until this point is that they are very amateurishly put together.

Pen and Paper again, Deadlands Classic is on Bundle of Holding right now. I've read a lot about this one over the years, but never actually delved into the rulebooks themselves. It seems to be the ultimate weird west setting, so take a look if that sort of thing's your bag.

That's a fantastic price for Risen 3, and it's the complete version.

True ... also on that sale is the Sacred games. The only one I don't have is Sacred 3, which I think I heard is terrible and not like the others. Any more recent thoughts?

True … also on that sale is the Sacred games. The only one I don't have is Sacred 3, which I think I heard is terrible and not like the others. Any more recent thoughts?

I haven't tried it myself, but on Steam the user reviews have it at "Overwhelmingly Negative" with only 18% out of 2388 reviews being positive.

All Risens are 75% off at GamersGate, including Risen 3.
And the Saints Row series. (I still like the Third best.)

On the Steam front… Devolver publisher deals: Talos Principle 66% off, Shadow Warrior 90% off, Serious Sam 90% off, Hotline Miami 75% off, Duke Nukem 3D 85% off, and… WTF!? Men With Beards documentary!? OK, whatever, but Talos is really good for puzzling.

Kalypso is doing a sale, too. Tropico 5 is 75% off but its DLC is just 50% off. Desciples, Demonicon, and the Dungeons games are on sale, too. Also Dark, if you've forgotten all the terrible reviews that game got.

The Civilization games are all on sale, too. 75% off on Civ 5. Beyond Earth is free this weekend.

Last edited:
So Dead State Reanimated is 50% off, $15. I believe the early issues have largely been cleaned up at this point. What do we think. Watchers?

LORDS OF XULIMA is $11.99 on Steam this week - great price for a good old-school style RPG - great time to grab it if you've been holding out!

Risen games are 80% off in Steam's mid-week sale. The entire franchise costs just $14.

The indie Darkest Dungeon game is 33% off, too.

So Dead State Reanimated is 50% off, $15. I believe the early issues have largely been cleaned up at this point. What do we think. Watchers?
Self-bump, my apologies. Any opinions on the current state of the game?

There's a whole load of Might & Magic games in the new Humble Weekly Bundle
for a mere $10 or £6.38 in proper money ;-)

There's a whole load of Might & Magic games in the new Humble Weekly Bundle
for a mere $10 or £6.38 in proper money ;-)

This is a mustbuy for everyone who skipped HoMM6 and MM10.
Other stuff in the pack is pretty much irrelevant as everyone already has it, but these two, complete, you won't find for 10 bucks total anywhere!

Self-bump, my apologies. Any opinions on the current state of the game?

Dead State isn't polished, the interface design is horrible, there are still several bugs, and some incredibly stupid mechanics.
One of them was actually added with the "reanimated" update. Now the most dangerous zombies are the one facing a wall, because you cannot aggro them as easy as the others.

Fights against zombies are incredibly boring in general.

The concept and the idea of the game is cool though. It's an ok-ish, unpolished game.

And don't expect any further changes. The moderators on steam repeated multiple times that it's feature complete and the only thing which could happen is a small bugfix patch.
There is also a party member in the game which makes the game crash if you go out with him in the field.

Most of the problems I encountered on my ongoing playthrough I listed in the steam bug forum. So far there also hasn't been any developer response:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/239840/discussions/1/541907867776260922/

And there is the thread about attacking zombies from behind:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/239840/discussions/0/537405286638371218/

And here is another thread about cripple. A debuff, which completely sets enemies out of order after just one strike:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/239840/discussions/0/537405286654194569/

For 13,99€ I'd say it's ok. But be aware that this game isn't polished and will never be so.

<SNIP>
For 13,99€ I'd say it's ok. But be aware that this game isn't polished and will never be so.

This game is on my Steam wishlist since it was called "Dead State" only. But after your impressions, I think I'll never buy it, even at a greater discount... :(

Back
Top Bottom