Pricewatch!

GetGames has Dungeon Siege III + DLC for $12.99 ($9.99 without the DLC). It's a Steam game, but it beats getting it directly from Steam for $60.
I was very disappointed in the demo, but for that price I thought I'd give it a go.

Alas, due to ridiculous regional pricing, Space Marine is still US $30.59 for me, even with 66% off.

Alas, due to ridiculous regional pricing, Space Marine is still US $30.59 for me, even with 66% off.

Wow, $90 normally?!? That's pretty obscene. Space marine is an ok game, but I was definitely glad to get it for $12.50 off greenmangaming a couple weeks back. Additionally, I bought DS3 a month ago for something like $5… but the limited camera angle is just so irritating that I have yet to play more than 10 minutes of it.

New Indie gala!
Pay $1-$4 and you will get 3 games, pay $4-$7 and you will get 5 games, pay more and you will get the last Gala bundle as well. Not a whole lot of money for a whole lot of games.

*edit* Paypal is clogged, so don't expect to get your keys right away.

Last edited:
New Indie gala!
Pay $1-$4 and you will get 3 games, pay $4-$7 and you will get 5 games, pay more and you will get the last Gala bundle as well. Not a whole lot of money for a whole lot of games.

*edit* Paypal is clogged, so don't expect to get your keys right away.

I grabbed the whole thing - no clue about the music, maybe someone in our house will like something. Got the keys within minutes - everything was great but one music link was FUBAR, but they Tweeted it will be fixed soon.

It took them over an hour to send me my keys, but no real harm done, but I bought mine just min after it was launched.

By the way, it would seem like Valentine's Day will be quite bundle heavy. Apart from indie royale, we also have Be mine a bundle of 5 games +something more.

I don't get why this indie gala thing bundles a bunch of music along with the games. I know they say there's some intrinsic link between games and music, but honestly I don't see it. I may be willing to take a chance on some puzzle game and not feel ripped off if I don't like it, but I know in advance that some indie rock hipster crap is going to be a total waste. Now an indie metal bundle? I'd be there, as long as it's not bundled with a bunch of insipid clones of the latest iphone timewasters.

I don't get why this indie gala thing bundles a bunch of music along with the games. I know they say there's some intrinsic link between games and music, but honestly I don't see it. I may be willing to take a chance on some puzzle game and not feel ripped off if I don't like it, but I know in advance that some indie rock hipster crap is going to be a total waste. Now an indie metal bundle? I'd be there, as long as it's not bundled with a bunch of insipid clones of the latest iphone timewasters.

The music balance is more electronica in this bundle, so my younger son is checking it all out. But again, 11 games for $10 is really not a bad deal, and the ability to promote some indie music is also great.

Indie royale valentines bundle is up for pre-order.

The bundle will contain
The games offered this time include a fantastical first-person action-adventure game (Steam for PC), an IGF-nominated puzzle adventure title (Steam for PC and Mac, Desura for PC and Linux, DRM-free PC, Mac and Linux download), a 'scorching' single and multiplayer arcade-strategy game (Steam for PC and Mac), and a world premiere on PC for a pair of retro RPG-defense games (Desura for PC, DRM-free PC download).

My guesses: First person action-adventure: Zeno Clash
"Scorching" single and multiplayer arcade-strategy game: Hoard

The other two I have no idea about.

Also: Skyrim is 33% off on steam right now.

The current issue of the magazine "Computer Bild Spiele" contains two more Wallace & Gromit games !

Skyrim is on sale on Steam for $39.99 for the next 24 hours.

Morrowind and Oblivion GotY editions are also on sale for $9.99 and $12.49 respectively.

You can also purchase an "Elder Scrolls Collection" which contains all 3 games for $49.99

Toki Tori added to the current humble bundle for everyone who got it, not just the people who payed more than average. A much needed addition to the bundle, to be honest, as a full 50% of all the games in the bundle had previously been in other bundles.

Two Worlds: Epic Edition is 50% off on GOG through the weekend - so its $5. I've never played it so I don't know how good it is but might be worth a try for that price.

Two Worlds: Epic Edition is 50% off on GOG through the weekend - so its $5. I've never played it so I don't know how good it is but might be worth a try for that price.

Two Worlds is like a poor man's Gothic, but it's a good deal at that price if you like open-world RPGs. I've never played very far into it, but it's on my backlog list along with TWII.

The writing is very average, and the voiced dialogue is laughably bad, but the world is quite large and varied, and it contains a fairly interesting bestiary.

If you haven't played Gothic 1-3 though, I strongly suggest playing those first.

My advice/opinion: Skip Two Worlds 1 entirely and play the sequel instead. Two Worlds 2 still doesn't manage to bring the series to greatness, but it is far more enjoyable and generally just better in every category. Two Worlds 1 might have a huge open world to explore, but it is painfully dull and lacks solid gameplay mechanics to make up for how boring both the atmosphere and story are.

I enjoyed Two Worlds more than Oblivion ... I mean, Oblivion is definitely a better game technically, but Two Worlds is more of a 'real' RPG. And the bad 'Ahhnold' voice work with stilted writing? Priceless :D

My analogy for the gameplay is that you start the game getting pushed around by kittens and end the game one-hit killing elder dragons without taking a single HP of damage. So, um, yeah ... the balance is a BIT off.

Back
Top Bottom