Might & Magic X trailer and early access next week!

Ha. It don't need to be high brow literature. We all just want to know what you genuinely think of this early build and whether you reckon it's got potential for the final release.

Looking forward to this preview too. DTE, this will influence quite a bit whether or not I buy this at release or wait for a sale. Can your ego take the pressure or do you revel in the power? ;)

ALSO:

12. No respawn – respawn wanted
And still I am amazed people will pay for "early access" for what is clearly a beta test (or really much less, a demo test) of the product. Astounding…

Last edited:
I think the best thing about the info HiddenX posted is that it shows the developers really are listening. They're not getting all defensive, nor locking down in denial. The issues listed are a good list. Some are more nitpicky than others, but they're on the right track.

I don't understand the desire for respawn, unless it's people wanting to get to level 600 by farming wandering monsters. I expect the pro-respawn crowd is pointing out that you can chip away at monsters and head back to town, rest 20 times, and the critters are still gone even if you only killed 1 out of 100. If you think about it, though, that problem can actually be indirectly fixed by getting the day/night cycle right. If you're not running back to town for food every 5 minutes, you're more likely to mow a map area in a single run, which means respawn doesn't make as much sense anymore.

@Thrasher- the situation is more one of self-imposed responsibility than ego, so yeah, I'm a little nervous about how well I've held up my end of the bargain. OTOH, I tend to fret even in situations where I know I've got my manure collected. We'll see whether this one ends up being a Datsyukian Dangle or a Samuelsson Glass Banger That Turns Into A Breakaway For The Other Team. If there are questions that aren't answered, I'll certainly be around.

Does this mean that the monster generators (eg. huts for goblins/orks) are not in? It would be a compromise for respawn: The monsters would respawn until you destroy their generator in the area. I always loved this aspect of MM3-5

Point 12 in my case means: To buy or not to buy. I mean… Yes buy - buy not wanted.
I experienced no respawn during my time with the game. My understanding is that the developers were planning on a respawn similar to MM6/7/8, where critters popped back up after a year (give or take) of game time, but that's obviously still a point of contention for them. Personally, I think they'd hit the balance perfectly with the MM6-8 model.

Does this mean that the monster generators (eg. huts for goblins/orks) are not in? It would be a compromise for respawn: The monsters would respawn until you destroy their generator in the area. I always loved this aspect of MM3-5
No generators at this time, but it would make for a decent approach.

That's too bad, I really liked the monster generators in the older games, they gave you a real sense of accomplishment when you destroyed them and made the area safer. The fact that they usually contained some nice loot helped a lot too.

That would work nice. And it's not avoided in recent great RPGs (TW2, Drakensang) nor in FPS (FarCry3). As long as respawns can be ended, I'll buy the game.

I think monster generators would be a nice compromise. It should satisfy people on both sides of the fence. I did find the yearly respawn thing from MM6 onwards annoying - because by the time a year has passed, the spawns are more of an annoyance, rather than having any practical value.

I think monster generators would be a nice compromise. It should satisfy people on both sides of the fence. I did find the yearly respawn thing from MM6 onwards annoying - because by the time a year has passed, the spawns are more of an annoyance, rather than having any practical value.
You didn't find it enjoyable to circle back and kick the living crap out of things that used to have you running screaming like a schoolgirl? Sure, it took a little time and didn't really add much to anything, but it was just plain fun. I thought it was a nice device to remind you of your advancement and prompt you to do more.

The preview is online.

Just a little information about these people who are interested in a boxed version - but one which is not in the language of the country you live in.
I contacted the support as I am living in a country which has a language I don't speak and therefore have no use of a manual or map in a language I don't understand. Their answer was that

Unfortunately, if accessing the shop site in your country, you are directed to your countries version of the website where the physicals products ordered would be in your countries language. Unfortunately, its not possible to order an English version without placing an order from the UK site.

Meaning you would need to use either a proxy or a good friend in a country which speaks the language you prefer for the manual (and maybe map).

You didn't find it enjoyable to circle back and kick the living crap out of things that used to have you running screaming like a schoolgirl? Sure, it took a little time and didn't really add much to anything, but it was just plain fun. I thought it was a nice device to remind you of your advancement and prompt you to do more.

Not really - it wouldn't make me reject a game based on that, but isn't of interest to me. I don't mind respawns if they had some value. Some sort of tiered growth for example, maybe also with new puzzles/secrets/easter eggs - to keep things interesting.

Back
Top Bottom