My other hobbies

Melvil

Super Duper Super Sweet
This forum certainly fits with how my life has been going in the last year. Politics has always been alive in my mind, but the anger it generated tended to drive me away to books about religion and metaphysics. This in turn pushed me kicking and screaming towards inner truth....and video games ;)

That aside, imagine you are taking part in a shamanistic ceremony with a sacrament which opens you to memories of lives you may have lived in the past...and also shows you the drive behind why you love and wish to be loved...

Then imagine that you are rewarded greatly for you efforts and are told to take some well deserved rest to reflect on all your achievements in this life...and as an example of how to unwind two distinct images rise into your mind...

Gothic 3 and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic :cool:

God certainly is great

and funny as hell ;)

True story

When im not playing MMORPGs im watching CSI, Law & Order, and Stargate SG-1 on TV.

When im not playing MMORPGs im watching CSI, Law & Order, and Stargate SG-1 on TV.

I am also wathcing Stargate SG1, but politics also interest me. I have my own opinions, and not all people love me for them.
I dont beleive in a god(so no deity to thank), but I am also happy for the new titles that has come/will come this year. Although Gothic 3 is taking away my social life at the moment.

I just dont really have much of a life, lol.

I tried to DM for Dungeons & Dragons several times for friends, but always ended up with mental problems / barriers that got in the way. Im schizophrenic (schizoaffective), with all the associated brain disease problems of those, memory span problems, i would read a whole D&D book and then cant remember it. When i DM i end up hearing voices because of the stress that it puts me under. Then i get ordered by parents/doctors to stop what i was doing, so i eventually leave behind willing and good D&D players.

I wish it wasnt so, but i cant do work besides play MMORPG games without getting stressed out and having all the schizophrenic symptoms come back again. Which is why US government doesnt want me to work and pays me not to have a job... I really would like to DM... but ive given up on it. It just doesnt work out. Nothing wrong with the players, its just stuff wrong with my brain chemistry.

EDIT -- and im atheist and i dont like politics.

Last edited:
Perhaps you could try DM 'ing a NWN or eventually a NWN2 session; it might prove less stressful.

Naw, im just gonna play MMORPGs. They never make me stressed. Even when i die, lol.

My life is my family. I'm blessed with a wonderful wife, and we've been blessed with two wonderful boys, who are now 10 and 8.5. We love doing stuff as a family and keep very busy.

I also work - and have a 45 minute commute each way which allows me to listen to my various avante garde jazz music.

And I love video games - I was a fan since Castle Wolfenstein in the very early 80's on my Apple ][+, and was mainly FPS oriented - I had tried something in the RPG vein back then (perhaps Wizardry) but it didn't take. Then my wife got me Diablo for Christmas right when it came out and after playing several mindless hours I swore off 'RPG' until I was interested in KotOR for the Star Wars tie-in ... and someone suggested I try NWN to get used to the combat system. It just so happened to be summer 2003 and the Mac version was coming out, so I grabbed the demo, got intrigued and bought the Mac version on day of release. From there it has just been a blur of RPG love and catching up ...

I had done some writing for a couple of small sites - 'Game Comments' - and that led a couple of years ago to starting to actually write stuff for GamerDad. Now I do quite a bit there - managing editor, actually. I also have a bunch of reviews over at AceGamez, which lets me stretch out a bit more than GamerDad. And I'd done a few bits for the Dot, and hope to add something here!

Mike

Nice to see you again Ammon, old friend. Hope all is well with you.

My new hobby is collecting Roman coins. Well, 'coin' so far, since i only have one, but Im going to get more! They are suprisingly cheap too, got my Septimius Severus provincial bronze for 6 bucks on Ebay. Not bad for an ancient artifact

You'd think 2,000+/- year old coins would be far more expensive, but they really arent. People are digging up barrels of the things every day. Of course as with anything, it goes to how rare the coin is, how old it is, what condition it's in, what material it's made of, who the emperor is, etc. A Julius Caesar silver denarius in great condition will be worth hundreds more than a bronze of a generally unpopular or unknown emperor such as Septimius Severus.

Samhain! Good to see you here! Im doing great, just been busy playing MMOs :)

Besides my 5-day schoolweeks I work a lot. During monday, tuesday and wednesday I work from 4 till 10 in the evening. Whenever I'm not working or at school, I am either at friends or on my computer. Playing World of Warcraft or G3 are the "Primary" things that I do when being on the computer.

Friday- and saturdaynights are the so called "beer-nights" -- or said in dutch; Bieravonden. During the friday night I am usually residing in the local pub, and on saturday I tend to find an interesting club somewhere in Holland -- sometimes I even have to take the train to get there, which usually get's me home around 7am.

I have baseball -- both practise and matches -- around 10 hours per week too. Aside that I go to the gym 2-3 hours a week. So overall my schedule is pretty full most of the time. I should start working less soon since my exams are coming up.

I moved here from the Dot after some fellow NFG'ers created this site. I wasn't active at the Dot for a long time, and although I do visit this site rather often now, I won't be as active as I was in the "old days".

Just have to say; Great work with the forums guys, and keep up the good work.

Astronomy, meteorites, making music and reading. If my 70h/week job allows them, that is *g*

Hmmm, I'm boring. I play crpgs at work and at home. When not doing that, I like to read fantasy novels or watch the St. Louis Cardinals and Rams games. My wife and I also enjoy shopping and like to gamble occasionally. I never watch TV, outside of sports, so I keep up with the news via the Internet.

I love working with my hands and creating things, from designing and creating jewelry to restoring guitars, boats and cars. I’ve always been kind of gifted when it comes to my hands. My current project is my Gothic water cooled computer...more like a work of art than a computer...to me anyway.

Writer by day and writer by night. I guess it is a blessing to be paid for doing the thing I enjoy the most. I also play tennis, when my creaky back will allow it, and am an avid movie-holic, who would love to sell a screenplay at some point. Beyond that, I am just an "old"school RPG nut, who has been captivated by the genre since I at down with my Blue Book D&D rulebook on Xmas morning, trying desperately to get my brain around this strange activity called "role-playing." ;)

What do you write Alex?

By day, it is writing of the corporate shill variety: white papers, design documents, proposals, marketing blurbs, etc.... By night, it is whatever takes my fancy, which currently is screenplay writing. I've also done a ridiculous amount of writing for NWN and may do some more mod writing in the future, if I come upon a project that interests me.

I've played a ridiculous number of NWN mods; usuall with my online group, so name a few please!! :)

Back
Top Bottom