Where do you get your news?

So I'm amusing you :)

Sometimes, but in a nice way. ;)

If you said something stupid I would be irritated rather than amused. (Or probably more like puzzled, since you don't have a habit of saying stupid things.)

Sometimes, but in a nice way. ;)

If you said something stupid I would be irritated rather than amused. (Or probably more like puzzled, since you don't have a habit of saying stupid things.)

I think at least two people here at the forum won't agree. Anyway, let's go back on topic.

I forgot the most important way to get some news -> I heard it from my ... colleague, friend, family, forum. I think we all kinda underestimate the way we get news. I believe we take up quite a lot of news trough this kind of medium also known as gossip (this word has a to negative connotation, but I don't know a better word to describe this newssource.)

Interesting that so few people in the thread mention local morning newspapers. At least here these papers still have significant readership (though coverage is worse for the younger generation).

I myself combine the local newspaper with the national morning news, and browsing of the websites of the major "national" (in reality Stockholm) dailies. If a particular foreign development interests me I might also look at the English language cable channel "closest" to the event, e g BBC for the Bhutto murder, Al Jazeera for Palestinian unrest, or CNN for the US primaries.

Of those only the morning newspapers have anything useful that is deeper than simple reporting of news, but that is fine with me.

My local newspaper (Boston Globe) is entirely available online - and almost entirely even without a subscription. I just can't manage the 'sit down' time anymore with a paper, it seems ...

Ok. For me I find that I much prefer to sit down for twenty minutes or so in the morning with a printed paper to browsing news online, either by the breakfast table or on the train/bus. I've found that I am horribly inefficient and "spotty" when reading a newspaper online (hallandsposten is also available online), so in my case it is simply faster to sit down and read the paper copy:)

I read Dagens Nyheter most every day. Usually skim it through in the morning, then go back and read the interesting pieces thoroughly when I get home.

Back
Top Bottom