Elemental: War of Magic - Expansion & Paxton Dev Diary

Ah - I guess I was confused. The PR quoted was over a year old, and the new stuff just talks about people who pre-ordered it. If they do the full 2010 thing I think that is a very fair approach - people who paid $5 were really just grabbing it to check out if there was any value, and really Stardock has to draw a line somewhere.

Yep, it is their 'Dungeon Lords' … and now is the opportunity to show they aren't DW Bradley ;)

I was like wow reading through the posts...then this one made it ok:) The guys who preordered just get the beta early. They will be sending out emails to add others as it goes on.

So far I have had a couple crashes in the game. They have significanntly increased the amount of items you can find in the wild as well they have totaly changed the skill trees. When your heroes level up they get new skills that range from adding to their stats to combat skills to use in tactical combat. I have died a lot...partially due to greed, I would try a dungeon near my city and lose the battle at the end which was against an iron golem and it would be loose ransacking my very undefended city(laughed that I left it like that).

All in all, it feels like they hit the nail on the head with what was wrong with elemental, they gave the world more life.

All in all, it feels like they hit the nail on the head with what was wrong with elemental, they gave the world more life.

Awesome - can't wait to check it out.

Anyone who could make that awesome mod Fall From Heaven 2, could fix anything. I had a tiny sliver of doubt that it could be pulled off, but then I'd play a game of FF2 and remember who they hired to fix this game.

Can't wait to try it out.

I completely agree. Plus many of the things he did such a good job of in FH2 are also things that they are strongly emphasizing in FE (ie monsters and the environment being as much of a threat at the AI factions).

Anyone who could make that awesome mod Fall From Heaven 2, could fix anything. I had a tiny sliver of doubt that it could be pulled off, but then I'd play a game of FF2 and remember who they hired to fix this game.

Can't wait to try it out.

I'll wait and see. The original afier all the patches wasn't a bad game. It was just boring and bland.

Back
Top Bottom