Underrail, formerly known as Timelapse Vertigo

You mean the consensus from the people who are actually writing about it on the internet. :)

You seem to be assuming that every person who's played through that area doesn't like it. Fact is, you're probably only seeing the opinion of a vocal minority.

That doesn't mean that area isn't a letdown compared to rest of the game (I wouldn't know yet), but you shouldn't assume that everyone feels the same way.

I love this game. The first 75% of it. I have been at RPGWatch a long time and I will tell you the Deep Caverns are one of the worst design decisions of all time. I played this game for 8 hours a day until the Deep Caverns. Then after about 6 hours there I had no desire to finish the game. I love the combat in this game and the items. I also loved my character and enjoyed leveling him to max lvl. It was so tedious in the Deep Caverns that I will never finish this game that I love and that is sad.

I had my buddy buy Underrail and we have been playing RPG's since Wizardry. He was unable to finish and lost all desire to play when he got to the Deep Caverns. We mapped out Bards Tale, Wizardry, and Might and Magic. So we know about tedium.

So JDR13 it is just not people on the internet, it is from true old school gamers, that will play these games until I take my last breath :)

I'm just curious, Arthurloi, if your character had a high stealth. I'm about to start the caverns soon, I think, and at this point, I'd say I'd never replay this game without stealth, it is by far the best skill in the game, as it lets you avoid a lot of difficult and tedious battles.

As tempting as it was, I had to refrain from putting points in stealth. I basically roleplayed a doctor. So I dumped my skillpoints on guns, throwing, lockpicking, hacking and all the crafting branches. I had no points to spend on stealth.

Wish I was good with stealth in some sections though.

I read that stealth is useless on the Deep Caverns, though.

Forgottenlor, I'd like to know your impressions on the Deep Caverns too, after you're finished with them!

Stealth is useful in deep caverns as well. Actually more useful than anywhere else as you are basically having heavy respawn there (depending on your debuff).

Imho the deep caverns do a good job in spicing the game up, offering an exciting region, new enemies and so on.
However it is also the area with the worst riddles are where you probably need to look up something, with the worst balancing and the most issues (typos and slight bugs). So all in all the least polished region in the game.

I'm two hours into the caverns. Stealth has been excellent. I've gone through about 14 maps without having to fight. I did properly invest in it, though. I've got it maxed out, have tabi boots and a stealth mask. I'm sure there will be areas where it doesn't work, but it does let you move through the central areas with little trouble.

I'm two hours into the caverns. Stealth has been excellent. I've gone through about 14 maps without having to fight. I did properly invest in it, though. I've got it maxed out, have tabi boots and a stealth mask. I'm sure there will be areas where it doesn't work, but it does let you move through the central areas with little trouble.

That's great! Might be a good tip for those who want to avoid too much hassle then. Please do go on =)

http://steamcommunity.com/games/250520/announcements/detail/601620085231613598

Announcing Underrail: Expedition

Expedition will feature the following:
A brand new story line that becomes available during the mid-game
Over a 100 new areas to explore of various types – shores and islands of the Black Sea, mysterious underground facilities, pirate strongholds, and more
New human factions, as well as wild creatures to combat
New items and crafting recipes
New skills and feats
Leveling past level 25 with a special pool of feats to choose from

I'm not sure this Black Sea area is what I wanted to see for the DLC.

Was hoping to explore the surface, maybe learn something about what has happened to the world (though maybe not, it's cool how irrelevant it is in the original game) and meet some surface dwellers.

Back
Top Bottom