Risen Chapter 4 question

Majnun

Sentinel
I'm past the blue barrier in the cave behind the waterfall in the NW part of the map. I've already found the piece of Titan Armor there but there's a large drawbridge in a no magic area that I can't figure out how to get lowered. I can see the winch over there from another room but can't telekinesis it or fly over. Also, in the room I can see the winch from I can hear a beastie through the wall but can't figure out how to get to him.

I know it's kind of an obscure thing to ask but if anybody can remember this area and how to get to the rest of this map I'd appreciate it.

I know the area you are talking about and you simply have to fire an arrow or crossbow bolt at the winch and it will move. (I know the physics of that don't make sense -- but hey, it's a game!)

And with regards to the monsters you hear — look around the ground for a tiny opening in the wall. Hmmm.. now what spell might you have that could get you through that opening?

I know the area you are talking about and you simply have to fire an arrow or crossbow bolt at the winch and it will move. (I know the physics of that don't make sense — but hey, it's a game!)

Actually, if you look at the winch models closely, you'll notice that there are two aspects to them. The actual circular winch you use to pull something in. This turns a sawtooth gear that gets stopped by a break mechanism. The break mechanism is basically a lever. When you wish to release the tension on the winch you push the break lever that releases the sawtooth gear and the winch can unwind freely.

I presume that you are shooting the break lever with your arrow, not trying to tension the winch.

Back
Top Bottom