Baldur's Gate question - am I crazy?

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist
Playing BGEE right now and it reminded me of something that baffled me the last time I played through. I have a distinct memory of a quest where there is a wyvern harassing the local townsfolk and you need to kill it and bring its skull back as proof. I seem to remember this quest either coming from a mayor or cleric at a temple. The wyvern was found in a cave somewhere west of Beregost I believe.

I even remember a cut scene showing a wyrm perched on a cliff and flying off.

I was sure this was from Baldur's Gate, but it does not seem to appear in any of the guides online and I haven't encountered it in any of my play throughs since that first time. It sticks out because I remember not liking that there weren't any dragons in BG, but at least it had a wyvern.

Am I maybe confusing this with an Icewind Dale quest? I didn't play that many games in 98-01, so I don't think I would have confused it with a non-IE game.

edit; nevermind, I did find it. I guess I just kept forgetting to speak to Coran in my last couple playthroughs.

Last edited:
This is a classic Baldur's Gate quest. I remember doing it a couple of times with Coran in the party, so from memory the cave is in the northern part of Cloakwood. You'll have to take the head to someone in Beregost.

Edit: Whoops, just saw the edit note. Ahh well. It's a fun little fight!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom