Gothic 3 - Demo Coming Nov. 10th from Aspyr

txa1265

SasqWatch
We just got word from Aspyr that there will be a demo for Gothic 3 coming this Friday, November 10th. According to the release:
Aspyr Media and JoWood Productions will release the North American demo for the highly anticipated PC RPG Gothic 3 on Friday, November 10. The demo includes the beginning area of the game, including the towns of Ardea and Kap Dun and the Rebel outpost Reddock, with all available quests, weapons, spells and NPCs. There will be no time limits imposed on players.
You can get more information at Aspyr's Gothic 3 Site
More information.

That sounds like a great demo. Lots of content. Maybe 10 hours worth.

Sweet. I can see whether, with everything minimised, this can run on my machine. I can't face upgrading.

I don't know if I'll bother since I'm buying it next week no matter what ...

If the demo is more or less bugfree it could really help in raising the interest of the casual gamer. In Germany there was no demo available but it wasn´t needed anyway cause the game is so popular here, things sure look different in the states though.

I'll try it just to see if I can run the game with only one gig of ram.

Unless they magicly got rid of all the problems we are having (monsters going threw walls and caves, AI just sitting there doing nothing, falling down small little areas like rocks) Then its going to be bad. Better off not releasing a demo if ppl play it then see how buggy it is they wont buy it better off waiting until November 20th PB releases a patch and fixes more stuff then release a demo.

Not "we", you.

1 GB RAM is okay but it requires tweaking. You can find tips in our wiki.

I got the same version as Gorath!! :)

1 GB RAM is okay but it requires tweaking. You can find tips in our wiki.

That's encouraging. How "hands-on" does one need to get to get it running with a "paltry" one gig?

That's encouraging. How "hands-on" does one need to get to get it running with a "paltry" one gig?
It´s your decision if you want to do some tweaking or play what comes out of the box. 1 GB is entry level nowadays.

I'll try it just to see if I can run the game with only one gig of ram.

Lucky bastards ... I haven't even got 1 gig, I've got 512 :'(

Goddamn ... I'll need therapy in order to keep myself Gothic-free ...

I got the same version as Gorath!! :)

Me too - once I'd sorted out the game startup problems (which weren't the games fault really) I've been 100% problem free :p

I wonder if they mean cape dun rather than kap dun though?

Same with me, I never experienced critical gamcrashes with G3 so far.
Due to the fact that I have only 1 Gig of Ram I had to tweak my Ini though and I finally replaced my 5!! year old udma 66/5400 rpm/ 2mb cache hard drive with a new and shiny S-ATA one, that did the trick for me.

Kap is german for Cape, perhaps the names of the locations haven´t been translated in the demo?

if you would install the demo, would you also need all the patches? or won't they work?

Chances are that the demo includes whatever patches are currently available (i.e. 1.09). And also seems likely that applying patches wouldn't work ...

A few notes:
- The demo is ~1.1GB
- You need Direct X 9.0c installed *before* the demo and can be gotten here.

Hmmmm... wasnt the Quake 2 demo 12MB? "Do you remember when..."

Hope this is on the torrent networks.

Hehe ... yeah, but look lately, 1GB seems pretty middling in terms of size - Dark Messiah was >1.5GB, for example. Most demos are >500MB anyway, regardless of what they have.

I downloaded and played for a few minutes, just to get a quick look and feel. Runs nice on my system without mucking with anything. Look forward to the full game next Wednesday!

It's out, btw. Kicked off a dl from gamer's hell before leaving for work. Estimated at a little under 2 hours at ~140 KB/s...

Geesh who is manning the watch tower today? G3 Demo release, Two Worlds delayed, Gothic 4 announced....

Well not that last one but still.

Back
Top Bottom