Skyrim - What The Creation Engine Really Means

There have been games on the iPhone that certainly make unique use of the platform. Zen bound makes very clever use of the touchscreen and gyroscope and would not work on a PC. AR invaders is a nice play with augmented reality. The Inception App, while not really a game, certainly makes unique use of the information input available on the iPhone, noise, GPS coordinates, time, etc.. Nevertheless, I don't hink most people get a smartphone specifically to play games. It's simply one more thing you can do on it, and its nice that some interesting games get made, if you own one.
Regarding RPGs i have to agree that nothing really groundbreaking has come out, and the general quality is so-so. Although its pretty impressve what has been done in some games from the technical aspect (Ravensword, Sacred Odyssey). From my POV the attraction is more that you can have a quick game on the go or in bed, and that there are still TB, rather old school games being produced for the platform. My main gripe is that the writing in the games I tried has nearly universally been horrible.

Back
Top Bottom