Steam - Winter Sale

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Steam Winter Sale has kicked off with the usual combination of daily deals, publisher packs and general discounts. There's nothing revolutionary so far but here are a couple of deals:
More information.

I was pleased to see E.Y.E. at $5 very interesting

And so it begins...

I'm so pissed I spent an extra $1.50 on the Diggle Gods. I'm even more pissed that the developers have cornered me into saying the words "Diggle gods." :p

Still not sure about pulling the trigger on Fable 3 even after this steep discount. Is it any good? I've not heard anything that makes me want to play especially after having played 1 and 2 which is of course why I still haven't picked it up.

Edit: Honorable mention of Geneforge Saga (all 5) for 50% off until Jan-2.

Still not sure about pulling the trigger on Fable 3 even after this steep discount. Is it any good? I've not heard anything that makes me want to play especially after having played 1 and 2 which is of course why I still haven't picked it up.

If you didn't enjoy Fable 1+2, then I highly doubt Fable 3 will change your opinion of the series. In my opinion, Fable 1 is the best of the series (for what it is - a fun and enjoyable but not particularly complex action-RPG), followed by a slightly worse but still mostly enjoyable Fable 2. Fable 3 follows the declining pattern and streamlines the already pretty light RPG elements to the point that I just couldn't get into it whatsoever.

The Fable series has always been a frustrating one for me, as after Fable 1 I was left with the impression that there was a solid foundation in place for a pretty damn good action-RPG; it just needed to be more fleshed out with more exploration and player impact on the world. Unfortunately, they took the exact opposite approach and "streamlined" the elements of the first game rather than expand upon them. I feel that this is a wasted opportunity, as there has always been something entertaining, unique and humerus - if a bit crude - about the universe of Albion, and I like the personality of the Fable world. But without meaningful gameplay to compliment the universe - and a bit too much focus on jokes that have now grown old - Fable 3 doesn't have the appeal of the first two games.

There is Sacred 2 for 33% off (6,69 euro). I always wanted to try it at one point, so I guess I'll take it.

P.S. For what it's worth, I personally enjoyed Fable 3 for a while and for what it was, but really couldn't get into Fable 1. It helped that Fable 3 looked a lot better, being one console generation ahead, of course. So, your mileage may vary. ;)

Sacred 2 isn't very good, really :)

But don't let that get in the way of spending some money on games you'll never play!

Oh, and I agree with Nerevarine that Fable 1 is definitely the best one.

Sacred 2 isn't very good, really :)

But don't let that get in the way of spending some money on games you'll never play!

With a Metacritic score of 71, it can't be that bad, can it? It has Blind Guardian in it!! I mean, is it I-don't-like-Diablo-clones bad, or oh-my-gods-my-eyes-my-eyes-are-bleeding bad?

With a Metacritic score of 71, it can't be that bad, can it? It has Blind Guardian in it!! I mean, is it I-don't-like-Diablo-clones bad, or oh-my-gods-my-eyes-my-eyes-are-bleeding bad?

It's good until you realise it's bad ;)

Fallout New Vegas for €10 - I'm tempted...

I-got-my-money-worth's good or oh-my-god-I-want-a-refund bad? ;)

Well, I'm of the mind that bad games are bad - and are worth nothing. The thing about Sacred 2 is that it's really rather engaging and good at first - because you don't expect it to actually be as bad as it turns out to be ;)

So, for my part, I'd say it's not worth it.

Then again, you being a "casual and shrugging" sort of person, you might not ever register how bad it is. Lots of people seem to think it's a good hack/slash game ;)

Hehe....

But we're talking about peanuts here - so you're not exactly gambling with your life.

Fallout New Vegas for €10 - I'm tempted…
The game's amazing. I played the vanilla version for about 90 hours and still had quite a few places to go to... also, I discovered a ton of content when playing a different character. Highly recommended!

I'm tempted by New Vegas too, but I'll hold out until the GOTY arrives! Just two more months...and Skyrims already running out of hours, I need new games damnit...

I'm tempted by New Vegas too, but I'll hold out until the GOTY arrives! Just two more months…and Skyrims already running out of hours, I need new games damnit…

Yes, I think I might wait for that too. Some of the DLC was quite good, I believe?

Yes, I think I might wait for that too. Some of the DLC was quite good, I believe?
Old World Blues was simply fabulous. I also enjoyed Honest Hearts very much, but that was playing a survival-based character and taking advantage of the new recipes etc (someone who relies on energy weapons would've had less fun).

Unfortunately, I couldn't even try The Lonesome Journey because with that DLC they started blocking Steam purchases from Poland.

So, in short - yes, it might be worth it to wait for the GotY edition, but I'd assume the price will initially be a lot higher than $10, while the vanilla game is great fun already and presumably the DLCs will also be discounted in the future.

So, in short - yes, it might be worth it to wait for the GotY edition, but I'd assume the price will initially be a lot higher than $10, while the vanilla game is great fun already and presumably the DLCs will also be discounted in the future.
The DLCs were on sale (on Steam) just awhile ago. I take it that sale has ended. I got all four of them for about 10 Euros. Too bad, I haven't had any time to check them out, as all my available gaming time goes to Skyrim at the moment. But soon, my precious, soon.

As people have said above, even without the DLCs, F:NV is excellent. It is clearly one of the best CRPGs of last years. Highly recommeded!

I've never played any fable games before.

Is Fable 3 worth $12?

Fallout New Vegas for €10 - I'm tempted

You kidding me? Next to Skyrim, it's probably the best RPG released in the past few years.

I've logged hundreds of hours without even touching any of the DLC yet.

Back
Top Bottom