What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

Is totally disconnected with 1st movie ? this is what i read in some boards

Aftermath takes place between Dead Space 1&2, while Downfall was a prequel to the first game.

It doesn't feature any of the same characters from Downfall as it takes place in a different location, but it's connected to the overall storyline of the games.

Humph........... and What is WRONG with an Australian accent!!??!!

That's because he was probably thinking; Gee, this is all Greek to me!! :p

Winter Bone : I like it more than "True Grit" , of course i had to read the subtitles although it is US made since they had a strange accent , i loved the decadence atmosphere and the whole "proud poverty" thing.
This movie is a solid proof that kids do not have to be annoying .

Tomorrow when the war started : not bad and i definitely prefer Chinese accent over Australian any day . Very strange idea for a scenario , teen warriors thing is very funny too.

It was quite a good surprise for a movie I thought :)

Trailer for Sucker Punch, a movie by the director of Watchmen and 300.

Yumm, yumm. :)
Very much looking forward to this one, too. If it's something the kids can handle (gotta do some research), we'll be seeing this today.

The scientist : Worst flick i have watch for some time , the concept is good but absolutely nothing happens and the director fails to make us care for the hero and the other characters .

Who killed captain Alex ? : LWALWALWALWA ACTION! Uganda ACTION MOVIE , i am still laughing , available in youtube but without the original sound .

Ah i just forgot ...

Beneath hill 60 is maybe the best Aussie movie ever made , story is about real events in WW1 1916

Last edited:
Charlies Angels - pleasantly surprised, it was a fun action movie and still to this day I maintain that Drew is Love ='.'=

the Human Centipede - Weird, no completely off the wall mad scientist movie. Interesting, yet revolting on many levels, not a movie for the weak of heart (or stomach). I liked it, but wouldnt recommend it lol

High Lane - One of my favorite genres of films are the "forgotten backwoods cannibal/killer hillbilly" type movies, theyre consistently disturbing yet hilarious. You get nice nature photography, black comedy, suspense, and generally a few babes thrown in the mix for good measure. High Lane is a french film about extreme mountain climbers that get stranded in a killer hillbilly's neck of the woods. Like "Descent", there's some suspenseful climbing sequences that really keep you on the edge of your seat at first, but unfortunately these are only for the first 25% of the film. However, due to generally unlikeable characters and there only being one hillbilly (and he's kinda boring)a I found myself not really liking this one as much as for instance "Wrong Turn" or "Mother's Day" which had awesome inbred backwooods hillbillys from hell.

Rampage - Finally an Uwe Boll movie to love. A nutcase engineers a methodical killing spree that ultimately nets him a ton of money, and gets him off completely by leading the authorities in a different direction. I have to admit that Uwe has finally done it - this movie is something else. Beside the usual european attempt to make it some kind of hamfisted criticism of American culture like we're the only people in the world who like money, have crime, and just love to pollute etc, loved it otherwise.

Last edited:
The Way Back

Pretty decent if somewhat run-of-the-mill prison/survival movie - with competent performances, and an air of authenticity as opposed to the typical Hollywood "real" story. It's still bullshit, probably, but it felt sufficiently real.

The Doom Generation - Sounded like a good idea, turned out to be a surprisingly awful film. The only, and i mean ONLY redeeming quality of this irretrievably poor film was seeing a young, kinda naked Rose McGowan w/ a very sexy bob cut. Very nice.

This is SPinal Tap - I've finally seen it, I've finally experienced the legendary Spinal Tap metal opus. Being old school metalhead myself, I thought it was great, I had a good time w/ it. Some awesome songs!

Favorite was definitely "Big Bottom", lol'd hard at the lyrics.

A really cool doomy number too, "Rock and Roll Creation" which is reminiscent of Candlemass or something.

The Doom Generation - Sounded like a good idea, turned out to be a surprisingly awful film. The only, and i mean ONLY redeeming quality of this irretrievably poor film was seeing a young, kinda naked Rose McGowan w/ a very sexy bob cut. Very nice.
The soundtrack is almost completely shoegaze stuff. Lousy film, but scores points for spawning a great soundtrack cd.

spaceballs

The soundtrack is almost completely shoegaze stuff. Lousy film, but scores points for spawning a great soundtrack cd.

Ah, good, I'll keep this in my mind ! :)

I've seen a lot of movies in the theaters this year. Two movies that are really good out now are 'Hannah' and 'Source Code'. Both are worth seeing.

NINJA - I was so stoked about this film, I remember seeing the trailer at the theater and I was sold. I wanted to see it more than the movie I was there to see. Like "dungeons" I wanted it to be good, please let it be good, more than anything I need a good Ninja Win these days.. Too bad it kinda stank.

Horrible acting, lame plot, lukewarm fighting, awful last minute "back to life" cliche at the end. Sparse and overall lame use of the trad ninja arsenal hurt it too. I dont totally disparage bringing ninjas into the modern age w/ some technology, but there was too much "techno-ninja" gear like night vision crap that any REAL ninja shouldnt need. Disappointed!

Southland Tales.
Erm, yes. Pretty much had the Mulholland Drive effect on me, and not just because of Rebekah del Rio. It also had Dwayne Johnson, and that guy is fun to watch (yeah right, I even went to see Scorpion King at the theater when it came out... umm... I'd so love to see a movie featuring both Johnson and Diesel, preferrably as a Waldorf and Statler duo who do nothing but comment on others' actions).

Okay, nothing to see here. Move on.

Back
Top Bottom