Fallout 3 - Survival Edition Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Bethsoft sent us a press release about the Survival Edition of Fallout 3 that comes complete with a Pip-Boy 3000 replica. You'll have to pony up USD$129.99 to Amazon.com only, meaning those of us where Amazon won't ship can save our money. Here's the official PR:
June 6, 2008 (Rockville, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax Media company, and Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN) today announced the Fallout® 3 Survival Edition for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Games for Windows. The limited Survival Edition is now available for pre-order exclusively through www.Amazon.com.
This ultimate Fallout 3 package includes a life-size replica of the Pip-Boy 3000, the wrist-mounted device worn by characters in-game. The Pip-Boy 3000 has been painstakingly recreated and modified for real world display as a digital clock. In addition to the Pip-Boy 3000, the Survival Edition will include all of the items included in the Fallout 3 Collector’s Edition:

• The Fallout 3 game;
  • Customized, metal Vault-Tec lunch box;
  • 5” Vault Boy Bobblehead;
  • ‘The Art of Fallout 3’ hardcover book; and
  • ‘The Making of Fallout 3’ DVD
“We’re thrilled to be working with Amazon.com on this exclusive edition,” said Vlatko Andonov, president of Bethesda Softworks. “The Survival Edition offers gamers the unique opportunity to own a piece of video game history along with a collection of limited edition items – it’s the definitive Fallout 3 package.”
“This is an exciting day for Amazon customers and Fallout fans,” said Greg Hart vice president of video games and software at Amazon. “We’re delighted to be the exclusive destination for Fallout 3 Survival Edition; this is a great example of the continually expanding selection we offer to gamers.”
Fallout 3 features one of the most realized game worlds ever created. Create any kind of character you want and explore the open wastes of post-apocalyptic Washington, D.C. Every minute is a fight for survival as you encounter Super Mutants, Ghouls, Raiders, and other dangers of the Wasteland.
Currently under development at Bethesda Game Studios – creators of award winning The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion®, the 2006 Game of the Year – Fallout 3 is one of the most anticipated games of 2008 and is slated for release this Fall on Xbox 360, PLAYSTATION®3 system and Games for Windows.
Fallout® 3 has not yet been rated by the ESRB.
...and you can also check out the Bethblog for pictures or a Pete Hines blog entry that goes through each of the collectables.
More information.

So, $60 more for that ugly ass pip-boy alarm clock?

Pass.

I mean, really now? $60 more for nothing except that gigantic plastic alarm clock? They really need to add some more stuff in there for $130...

I will take the regular CE though. I have no idea why, but I really want a Fallout lunchbox.

Yep, that is my thought. I'm happy with my Standard Edition pre-order.

Amazon.com? So only americans can buy this...nice. After been a fan of bethsoft since daggerfall this feels like a backstab. As far as I care they can stick their cheap 50$ alarm clock into a place where the sun dont shine. It sounds like a rip off anyways.

I ordered a regular CE from play.com. 48€ total shipping included. PS3/XBOX360 were 70€. Looks like the 20€ price difference is becoming a norm.

Last edited:
I thought only blizzard did this goofy extra-premium deluxe collector's edition crap. Guess not though.

There are a lot of people who seem to think that companies make marketing and other decisions primarily to annoy and harass them personally.

this feels like a backstab.

You feel stabbed in the back because their distributor feels that Europeans aren't dumb enough to shell out an extra $50 for a version that comes with a hideous alarm clock? Shouldn't we Americans feel insulted that they think we're the only ones who will throw that much money at a plastic alarm clock+ bobble head?

To feel betrayed because of this is irrational, espescially since you acknowledge it's a piece of garbage. At worst it's a silly decision by their marketing department- yes I mean both the creation of this super-premium collector's edition as well as the decision to release it only in one region through one store. If that makes you feel stabbed in the back, you must go absolutely insane when a company releases an impressive game for a system you don't own.

You feel stabbed in the back because their distributor feels that Europeans aren't dumb enough to shell out an extra $50 for a version that comes with a hideous alarm clock? Shouldn't we Americans feel insulted that they think we're the only ones who will throw that much money at a plastic alarm clock+ bobble head?

Youre not forced to buy it but I would like to atleast have the opportunity to consider it. I own all fallout games starting from the original wasteland and Im a bit of game collector and I actually have a need for a new alarm clock and fallout one might be neat.

So even though it is a bit of rip off - I might have bought it depending how much that 50$ is in euros but now I have absolutely no chance. The only way to get it now outside US is to buy it from ebay and I bet the price difference is gonna be huge - much more than 50$ and thats too much for me even.

If you know someone who lives in NA, ask them to get it for you and mail it to you, Yes, you'll pay a little extra for the postage, but not $50!!

Hold on to your horses for just a little while Euro folks there maybe a SE coming our way.

Back
Top Bottom