Witcher 2 Witcher 2 Xbox 360: 10 Things That CdProjekt Need To Change

The Witcher 2

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I haven't played it, but some of these suggestions sound good. Specifically:

• more helpful tutorial
• combat lock-on (I've read complaints about this in several places)
• greater variety of skills (Again, I haven't played this, but he's in favor of MORE skills, not fewer.
• customizable control system (Again, more option, not fewer)
• good graphical balance (of course)
• better inventory/character management (his point is that the PC version was cumbersome to use with a game pad, so this is entirely reasonable)
• better synopsis of the story so far (why not? At least in the manual they could detail the events leading up to the game)

I'm agnostic on this, because I haven't played it yet:
• better map (he claims the map isn't very good in the PC version... this is just his opinion, so who knows. Saying "better map please" sounds reasonable to me)

The only one that seems questionable to me is his comments on pacing.

So overall I mostly agree with everything he says, or at least think that these suggestions are entirely reasonable. I might end up disagreeing somewhat on some of these points, but again, nothing here really seems silly or out of place.

So you basically alter the game so its different from the pc. I can use this argument when its comes to console ports for the pc. Of course you know were treated as second class gamers. I dont see most of what he wants happening though.

You're simply looking for something to complain about.

It's an article on a website I've never even heard of. The guy probably got paid $45 bucks to write it so they could sell ad space that week. It's a wish list of changes he'd like to see happen when they make the X360 version of the Witcher 2. I agree that most of that will never happen.

I only wish more care was taken when versioning these games out. I'll likely play W2 on the Xbox only because my PC can't handle it, and from what I've read the controls seem to be good for a console. I hope they make it run smoothly, even if that means the graphics take a big hit. Graphics are nice, but I don't play games for graphics alone.

I don't know where your comment about being a second class citizen comes from. If you agree with me that most of these changes will never happen, then what are you complaining about? That means the PC got the best looking version, and the consoles will have a somewhat diminished version.

Couchpotato just likes to complain sometimes. Which is odd considering he doesn't pay for most of his games. ;)

Couchpotato just likes to complain sometimes. Which is odd considering he doesn't pay for most of his games. ;)

That hurt you know.:biggrin: I cant help but being a grumpy old timer its my nature.
I just find it funny people want the console to be improved over the pc version. The pc ports are always the same and I find it quite fitting to see the consoles get the same treatment finally.

Now is anyone interested in games from the 80's to late 90's. I have a ton of games collecting dust from when I used to buy them.:p

Last edited:
A topic to be followed as CD Projekt told they did not plan to dumb down the game when ported on consoles.

This studio's probably caught by their own speech, they wanted to offer mature play on the ground players want mature play and such took some arguable decisions.

Tutorial is fine as long as you are not a beginner. It addresses players familiar with video gaming. TW2 is certainly not the game to start with video gaming. Too many implicits in it.

Many implicits in TW2: players read manuals, players have a predefined idea on how the game might work based on self consistency. Stuff that comes with the ambition of delivering a mature gaming experience and the approach is proven wrong as players might not want that much to play mature games.

The combat is good in TW2, good representation of light armoured fighting. The lock on stuff is excellent as in a battle, a light armoured guy cant allow opponents to relax and find their momentum, the light armoured guy has to keep opponents on the back foot every moment, especially as human enemies comes with the traditional mix: tank, basher, skirmisher. Moving always, hitting here and there is the way to go.
I saved several battles to replay them as combat is the best in the game. Very satisfying when well done.

Still, this feature is not welcome among players.

So time will tell about the mature gaming approach.

Back
Top Bottom