Risen 3: Titan Lords - First 60 Minutes

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Here is a new sixty minute video preview of the beginning for Risen 3 from Robert Cram of Cram Gaming. Now a warning must be given as it will spoil the game for you.

A look at the Risen 3 gameplay in the opening 60 minutes of Risen 3 Titan Lords from Deep Silver. This is the PC version running on Max settings and using an Xbox 360 controller. Risen 3 releases from August 15th on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
More information.

One thing I've been trying to solve all day today, which after watching this video perhaps can't be solved, is completing the quest, 'Hunting for Treasure.'

If you go to the 41 minute mark in the video and then watch the cut-scene transition from the temple to the beach, you will see the message: Quest Cancelled: Hunting For Treasure.

That quest was cancelled in my play through as well which today caused me to re-hash the intro area over and over trying to figure out how to complete that quest without it being cancelled after the cut-scene. I have OCD when it comes to completing quests and seeing the quest cancelled message makes my eyelids twitch. Anyone have any tips?

Sorry no tip, I don't think I will be buying this game. After playing D,OS it would seem I have no interest but in replaying it.

One thing I've been trying to solve all day today, which after watching this video perhaps can't be solved, is completing the quest, 'Hunting for Treasure.'

You're talking about the quest you get after finding the treasue map on the dead pirate near where you start, right?

There's a path that curves off to the left not long after you find the dead pirate. It dead ends on top of a small cliff where you'll find a shovel. The treasure is there and you use the shovel to dig for it.

You can go to your logbook and look at the treasue map and then it will mark your map where the treasure is.

'Hunting for Treasure' was the main quest for that island.

The quest being cancelled is unavoidable. It's not possible to complete it, since it turns out that there never was any treasure in the ruin, just demons.

'Hunting for Treasure' was the main quest for that island.

The quest being cancelled is unavoidable. It's not possible to complete it, since it turns out that there never was any treasure in the ruin, just demons.

Gah - ok thank you for that. I'll let that go then... the 'quest cancelled' thing is a bit misleading but the story unfolding does make that outcome make sense...

I can't even play the game because I have over 4 core on my intel chip. I've never had to disable the number of cores for any game especially one that came out in 2014. I was hoping that PB would patch this today but seeing the number of issues on the Steam forum people are complaining of I'm guessing it might take awhile.

Surprisingly playable game, despite noticeable mesh distortion and horrific skinning in cutscenes - protagonist collar bone texture sinks almost to his nipples. But after the intro things turn out really well. Most detailed monsters in a Piranha Bytes game: Well done!

The game locks up on me when the first fight starts and they display the message "w+w" to roll....yeeha. I guess this is the same muilticore issue referred to? I have 4 core HT system (i7 something or other). Haven't had time to fiddle cos I'm too busy with work, but I'm rather pissed off. I have zero issues with Risen 2 on the same Win7 system.

Hmm I have 8 cores on my PC :( I might wait for patch or two before buying it then.

I have an i7-2600K - and I have no issues so far. Only played a couple of hours, but it's smooth as silk.

My only complaint in terms of the visuals is the bad texture popping when LOD changes in the distance. It's too visible and grating for my tastes.

I have an i7-2600K - and I have no issues so far. Only played a couple of hours, but it's smooth as silk.

My only complaint in terms of the visuals is the bad texture popping when LOD changes in the distance. It's too visible and grating for my tastes.

I take it that you have HT enabled giving you 8 cores?

And how come you are playing it already? VNP trick?

I take it that you have HT enabled giving you 8 cores?

And how come you are playing it already? VNP trick?

I've made no changes - so it's whatever it is by default.

I'm playing the isodemo until the game is released.

I can't even play the game because I have over 4 core on my intel chip. I've never had to disable the number of cores for any game especially one that came out in 2014. I was hoping that PB would patch this today but seeing the number of issues on the Steam forum people are complaining of I'm guessing it might take awhile.

PB is on GamesCom. Don't expect any kind of patch before it ends.

What number of issues?
I can't play the game yet, but I'm following different forums and sorry but there are just three general issues with the game. One is that of CPU cores and there is workaround so it's not unplayable without the patch. Second issue is stuttering (also workaround with settings) and third is eyehurting beach/sand whatever (no workaround, not a bug per se, bad design).

So far noone reported unsolvable quests, stuck items, stuck NPCs, logic holes, plot holes, script freezes or other bug-o-rama stuff that plagued G3 and TES5.
And while I still can't play because of Deep Silver's decision to delay it 3 days outside of NA, only three general problems where two are hardware specific and possibly a few rare ones not reported yet mean this certainly isn't a buggy game.

It runs really well for me (it's obviously not CPU-heavy since my six year-old Core 2 Duo isn't holding it back) but the skills menu seems to be completely broken at the moment. All the skills are invisible and if you press down/S on the keyboard or controller it crashes to desktop.

I hope they'll introduce a bloom intensity setting too, since the beach sand looks like something out of a nuclear explosion.

I'm on a laptop with everything maxed out and it runs slowly but with none of the glitches being described. Looks surprisingly good. No issues with sand, menus, skinning or anything. There is one object (a broken barrel) which permanently bobs up and down a bit, but that's the only technical glitch I've seen.

Is the game any good on the PC (decent controls and such) ? The video is for xbox and metacritic rating is quite low (user score is like 50; compared to D:OS 90 ).

The metacritic user score shows that Risen 3 is a love/hate affair:

The users vote 10 or 0 -> that's 5 as average.

The 0s are coming from two factions:
Old hardcore Gothic fans: The game is too casual and linear, combat is a joke
New console buyers: The game is too hardcore and has ugly gfx and bad controls

The rest loves the game…

Back
Top Bottom