GTA 4 Patch Finally Released

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
The 1.0.3.0 patch was released. I'm not sure if it fixes all the issues with the PC version, I just hope it makes it playable again. I stopped playing it when my computer was starting to overheat and freeze because of this game. This is without overclocking anything on my computer.

You can read more about it here:
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=403690

EDIT: I've only been playing for 40 minutes, but I can see an improvement already. Before I had to play in 800x600 windowed resolution to keep from overheating. The CPU usage would be around 60 - 70% for this resolution. If I tried 1280x1024 or just 1024x768 the CPU usage would be 95 - 99% at all times, even in windowed mode.

Now I have decent settings most of them on high, but a few like shadows on medium. Plus Im running 1280x1024 windowed mode and the CPU usage is staying steady in the low to high 70s. I think now it is safe to play without frying my poor CPU.

In case your wondering I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, 4 gigs of ram and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 with 896 memory. I still have to run in windowed mode to keep the CPU usage down but it's no big deal it still covers the whole screen with only two tiny triangles in the top two corners.

Anyways, I'm off to finally be able to find out why Niko is being hunted :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom