Grimoire Forever

I believe that the shareware version is the full game with a block in it that keeps you from leaving a group of beginning maps. I don't remember for sure, but I think plan was that you would pay to remove that block without having to start over.

That is correct, unless you know how to bypass the block, which is a CLOSELY guarded secret. If we told you, we'd have to kill you!! :)

Which version is the one posted on the RPG Codex early this year?

I expect that's a beta version from (IIRC) 2002. The second beta test involving several RPGWatch members was from (IIRC) 2006. I could be a year or so off, but the bottom line is that the older beta was widely distributed, so I would assume that's what the Codex has.

This may be off topic, but after the above references to RPGCodex, I revisited their forums for the first time in years and was instantly reminded why I had left. The threads were more about name calling and hate, than CRPGs. I seldom post here, but when I have I haven't been attacked and always got some fast help/answers.

Sorry, anyway... back to topic...

If anyone yells at you here they know they will have to deal with me.........:whip: :cm:

And I am not even a mod. :lol:

Good to hear Grimoire is still alive. I check grimoiresystems.com for an update every day, didn't realize there was a discussion going on here.

Long time no see Corwin (rpgdot).

Good to hear Grimoire is still alive. I check grimoiresystems.com for an update every day, didn't realize there was a discussion going on here.

Long time no see Corwin (rpgdot).

Are you sure it's still alive? I heard just yesterday that it was officially canceled.

LOL once a year is more than enough.
and damnit stop bumping this thread, i keep thinking there's actually some news every time i see this thread at the top.

I've been a long time lurker on the Grimoire web page and lost hope when there hadn't been an update in eons... then I found this forum. It's nice to see that it still (seems to be) under development, but I am now starting to place wagers as to which will happen first...

a) Grimoire being released
b) Duke Nukem Forever being released
c) A woman president

Considering the US's historic election this year, I think C would be the winning bet.

Yes, C would probably be a safe bet.

If it weren't for the fact that there are virtually no first-person party-based rpgs being made anymore, I would have long since lost interest in the fate of Grimoire.

Anyway, anyone know of any first-person party-based rpgs in the last year or two, or any being worked on? Last one I played was Devil Whiskey. I am replaying Wiz8 with my niece right now, but she only comes to visit every couple months, so that isn't filling my addiction.

I have tried a lot of JRPGs over the last few years, but I don't like half of them. Some of them pass the time ok, but only a few do I actually enjoy. I am currently having a hard time buying new rpgs since most of them are either FPSs with a couple stats thrown in or are completely linear and thus boring. I can't stand linear games anymore, it is like watching a movie that requires you to keep mashing a button to progress through it.

I would love to see Sir-Tech or New World Computing rise from the ashes and make a new game. I had hope for D.W. Bradley, but even he has given up on party-based games. I have vague hopes that I will someday get to play a finished Grimoire and I won't hate it, but I wouldn't be surprised if we are still waiting 10 years from now.

This may be off topic, but after the above references to RPGCodex, I revisited their forums for the first time in years and was instantly reminded why I had left. The threads were more about name calling and hate, than CRPGs. I seldom post here, but when I have I haven't been attacked and always got some fast help/answers.

Sorry, anyway... back to topic...
Well sorry to pursue this out of topic but that's quite similar to my feeling except that if your answer isn't on the net I don't think you have real veteran players to provide answer to questions. Nobody here know anything about Citadel when I got few answers elsewhere, ok not that much. :)

For the bad mood, there's probably too many people wandering here plus the forums develop a feeling that people here know better than anybody how do RPG... Well.

This site is composed primarily of veteran players who have been around for years and years. However, most of us don't do consoles, or games other than RPG's with any regularity.

Mmm, Citadel is a computer RPG. There's perhaps veteran there but they are overloaded by a bunch of young quite aggressive or those veteran have a quite young behavior. Well I suppose people could think by reading some of my post that I'm younger than I am really. But I saw there too much swearing, I can't believe generation having 40/50 year old act like this, not people having computers since the 80's.

I Want to add kings bounty to my list, in the top 3 positions, it really is the greatest game being realesed for years and years.

... Oh, the thread popped up again ... ;)

I think RPGWatch should perform sort of a "Launch Party" when Grimoire is actually released ... ;)

@Alrik, I think that's a great idea. I imagine most of us will have died of old age by then though, so I'm not sure how many folks will be there :D We need to teach newborns about the hope of Grimoire!

Back
Top Bottom