What games are you playing now?

60 seems to be the new 'going price' for big name games … set by consoles and continued onto the PC. Is the retail version any cheaper where you are? Because here even through Amazon (who is usually good for a few $off) the retail is $60

At http://www.coolshop.dk the game is 349 DKK = 46.9 Euros.

So, yeah, it's significantly cheaper at retail - which is somewhat unusual around here.

At http://www.coolshop.dk the game is 349 DKK = 46.9 Euros.

So, yeah, it's significantly cheaper at retail - which is somewhat unusual around here.

Cool, thanks. Will D3 activate through their servers just like the other stuff like Starcraft II? If so there is no reason to anything but hunt for price.

60 Euros ??? O_O

That's normally the price for an Collector's Edition ! O_O

"Why are they doing it ?"
"Because they can."

Cool, thanks. Will D3 activate through their servers just like the other stuff like Starcraft II? If so there is no reason to anything but hunt for price.

AFAIK, it's just a key that you apply to your Battle.net account. Not sure if the client data is on a disc or whatever - but I couldn't care less about that :)

I'm pretty certain you can just hunt for the cheapest key.

60 Euros ??? O_O

That's normally the price for an Collector's Edition ! O_O

"Why are they doing it ?"
"Because they can."

They also did that for Star Craft 2. Gamestop realized that people would buy the game either way, and added another 5€ to the price. Media Markt on the other hand thought that the game would be a great way to lure people into the store, and sold it for 30€ on release. I guess people who bought it on GameStop ended up feeling rather cheated when they noticed how my cheaper it was everywhere else.

MW3 is also sold for 60€.

still playing Minecraft, and contemplating what chapter to play on tabletop Wh40K.
Tho I'm pretty sold on the Black Templars, theyre awesome but will take some additional expense.

downloading the steam demo for Majesty-themed tower defense thing called Defenders of Ardania

EDIT: Ok, uninstalling the demo for the Majesty-themed tower defense thing called Defenders of Ardania. Awful, boring game. You set up towers in pre-defined grid spaces, and enemy soldiers pour out of the enemy base and charge your castle. Meanwhile, youre sending out your own troops. Majesty 2 troops like clerics, warriors, etc.. Sound good? It isnt.

For starters, the troops that you produce completely ignore the enemy troops headed your way, they all just pass right thru one another without notice. The clerics dont seem to heal or anything, they like any other soldier simply march along the enemy towers to their doom, and when reaching the enemy base they disappear into it and the enemy HP goes down. We arent even given a cool attack animation or something as they tear down the enemy HQ.

Awful, boring game. Already uninstalled. These guys remind me of what Firefly does w/ Stronghold - everything but make a good game.

Last edited:
Wrapped up M&MVII and been trying to start up a new character in Lotro after 1-2 years away from the game. From what I've seen thus far, the game has continued its downward spiral with an excess of dailies and rep grinding in the name of 'content'.

I'll keep at it a little longer, despite my reservations... mainly because I bought a Lifetime account when the game still had its magic and I've accrued 14,000 'free' Turbine Points.

EDIT: Ok, uninstalling the demo for the Majesty-themed tower defense thing called Defenders of Ardania. Awful, boring game. You set up towers in pre-defined grid spaces, and enemy soldiers pour out of the enemy base and charge your castle. Meanwhile, youre sending out your own troops. Majesty 2 troops like clerics, warriors, etc.. Sound good? It isnt.

Crap ... I loved Majesty 2 and expansions and had been interested - but this isn't the first time I heard similar, think I'll pass.

I also tried the demo and disliked it. It is a tower defense games with two sides, both building towers and sending out swarms of things, but it was just not particularly well done. I love the majesty series, the first game in particular (the second one was good, but it does hold a candle to the first), so it was a shame to see such a botched attempt at doing something for that series.

I wish that I could like majesty2 as much as part 1, and I do fire it up from time to time, but it is just ridiculously hard and lacks the lovable characters of the original. The game has a simple credo of "attack even earlier, and give less resources" as time goes on. The scenario starts and you have enemies pounding on you before you have anything up. That's not fun in my opinion, it's maddening. And cheap.

Oh yeah! Definitely a classic. All these old games theoretically we never have to buy a new game again. As much as I enjoyed freedom force I never played the sequel I may have to try it out soon.

I wish that I could like majesty2 as much as part 1, and I do fire it up from time to time, but it is just ridiculously hard and lacks the lovable characters of the original. The game has a simple credo of "attack even earlier, and give less resources" as time goes on. The scenario starts and you have enemies pounding on you before you have anything up. That's not fun in my opinion, it's maddening. And cheap.

I found the main issue with Majesty 2 to be the fact that the heroes just don't have the same amount of personality. In Majesty 1 the individual hero classes act radically different, in Majesty 2 they all just act roughly the same, and that removes a lot of what made Majesty so special. I still thought that Majesty 2 was a fun game, just not nearly as fun as the first one.

Cyberlore was working on a sequel to Majesty 2, but sadly never finished it. I suspect that that would have been a lot better than the Majesty 2 that we have today.

Being a game lover I really love to play new games, at present I am playing Senatry by lekool which I installed from chrome web store for free.

I'm currently playing Future Wars, a *wars series clone (Famicom/Advance wars, yes this series pre-dates Battle isle, so don't say that advance wars borrowed a lot from that series, it is the other way around). It lacks the charm and personality of Advance wars, but it still seem to be a tactically rewarding game, and the AI seem to be a bit better (for better or worse really, Advance Wars levels were designed with the AI in mind, which is why the game worked so well)

Yep, that is the game. I was a bit surprised to see Radon Lab's logo when I first started it. Sadly it is not nearly as good as Drakensang, nor is it as good as Advance Wars. It is a nice diversion, and it does nothing wrong, but nor does it do anything special.

And it is by the way part of the current indie gala

Still playing the Age of Decadence Beta. I just went through it as a Praetor to finish my fourth run. I'm pleasantly surprised how much different the game can be depending on your choice of backgrounds and skill distribution.

mass effect 3 multiplayer for over 2 weeks now, not gaming much but its quite suprising the only amount i am is a multiplayer game. i have plently of other games i could play that i haven't finished, or started but the only real game that i know beckoning me is risen 2 and that's still aways off. might jump into some indies or alan wake but only time will tell...

Testing Hard Reset, which came in a previous indie bundle (I really don't have to buy any games outside of indie bundles these days, it would seem), as I've heard that it is supposed to be quite good. I'm not a shooter fan, but this game is actually pretty good. It is a game that is not afraid to punish you for your mistakes, and I've already died a few times (I'm only 1h into the game). Gameplay reminds me a lot of a late 90's shooter, but with better graphics and sound. And a higher level of challenge. Enemies and environments could be a bit more varied though.

Also, I found a Tri-Optimum (of System Shock fame) logo on a console. I guess the makers of this game were big System Shock fans.

Back
Top Bottom