Dragon Age - Interviews @ Eurogamer, GwJ

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Dragon Age game director Dan Tudge speaks to Eurogamer in a rambling 4-page article, reinforcing the "spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate" line and possibly hinting at a demo and DLC. Here's a bit on the origin stories :
Eurogamer: What about game mechanics, what haven't we seen before?
Dan Tudge: I can't really go into the full details, but a subtle Origins example is something that I found very emotionally compelling. I was playing one of our origins stories and I actually had a situation where I had a very, very close friend within my origin... And to become a Grey Warden I had to make a difficult choice and had to leave my friend behind to what I felt was certain death. Playing through the game several hours later, I was actually doing a dungeon crawl underneath the city and I came across a prison area, and one of the individuals in one of the prison cells was my friend that I left behind, and I was actually elated because I had the opportunity to actually save him. Now I had picked any other origins he would have been some non-discreet player, but to me he was my friend. So it's a very subtle thing but very emotionally compelling.
...and Gamers with Jobs has a podcast that includes David Gaider.
More information.

Every time I read new things about Dragon Age: Origins, I get more excited. If it truly ends up being a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate, I'd be very, very impressed.

What I don't understand is the interviewers obsession with Oblivion. It's pretty clear that this game aims to be more like "BioWares origins" (BG), as explained in the interview, and that origin has absoluttely nothing to do with a game like Oblivion. Worlds apart as far as I'm concerned.

Every time I read new things about Dragon Age: Origins, I get more excited. If it truly ends up being a spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate, I'd be very, very impressed.

What I don't understand is the interviewers obsession with Oblivion. It's pretty clear that this game aims to be more like "BioWares origins" (BG), as explained in the interview, and that origin has absoluttely nothing to do with a game like Oblivion. Worlds apart as far as I'm concerned.

Not only that, now some reviewers are doing weird stuff, like review a game and when see the dialog system, they say "this is not mass effect radial dialog, is outdated then, old school system", in the eyes of this guys, if a game succeed then all others games that fallow need to be "clones" of the succeeded ones? gimme a break.
________
Corvette C4

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom