Fallout: New Vegas - Preview @ USA Today

Dhruin

SasqWatch
USA Today has a short piece on Fallout: New Vegas. I don't think it has anything new but it's the first web article we've seen:
In the alternate-history video game Fallout: New Vegas, coming to Xbox 360, PS3 and Windows PCs this fall (no price and not yet rated), the Las Vegas Strip and surrounding area in 2280 bear the effects of a nuclear holocaust more than 200 years earlier during a great war between the United States and China.
The mystery is, who are you in this nuclear wasteland?
At the outset of the game, your character is shot and left in a shallow grave in the desert, lifted of the package you were entrusted with delivering. A robot digs you out and takes you to a local caregiver, Doc Mitchell, who nurses you back to health.
"Unlike the previous Fallouts, where you start in a vault and you are a vault dweller, this one starts with a curveball," says Pete Hines of Bethesda Softworks.
More information.

Interesting they are pumping out all of this stuff now ... hopefully they don't over sell now, and still have adequate interest in the fall ;)

Pete Hines doesn't seem to know his Fallout canon, in F2 you don't start in a vault...

txa1265: I think it's just the regular Bethesda marketing madness we are seeing, in it's infancy. F3 was so over hyped it wasn't even funny. This time around I plan on not reading previews and not watching all the media, that way the game will actually feel fresh the first time one actually plays it.

Back
Top Bottom