Why I Dislike The Euro

One of the things I dislike about The Euro is the name, "The Euro." To me it sounds like a cheap car or a snack. Yeah, deep fried and salty. That's it. "Here, try a Euro."

Currency should be a source of pride. "My currency can kick your currency's ass," that sort of thing. It should be precious and worth fighting over if it comes down to it -- not something you put in a bowl and offer to guests to keep their mouths occupied.

The Euro's name should be changed to something that seems more European, and I don't mean the other two syllables, either (although The Pean actually might be an improvement). Something relating to a conquering hero, a sports legend, a popular Pope or a royal. The Diana -- that would be good.

My EXACT thoughts when it was named "Ecu" before (FRench spelling), but was later turned into the ... word totally devoid of any feeling, just information.

Imho the name "Euro" is just an skeleton of a name.

A good choice could have been the old word "Thaler" - a very common word for coins in ancient Europe, and the origin of the word "Dollar" as well.

Thaler, Taler, daalder, daler, tolar, dollar nearly every country has/had his own word.

Yes, this makes sense.

Well.. Today News i heard that Denmark takes to the polls in voteing to iether stay or leave the Euro, I say they will leave.. since the Euro is stronger than the US Dollar which is caused the troubles in the frist place not to mention the war on Terrorisim :fingerscrossed:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, YellowWing, but if it is that denmark should not take the euro as their currency ... Well, I call that a missed opportunity for Denmark. And your remark about the euro being stronger then the US dollar as a cause of troubles? It actually helped to get slightly lower oil prices. I don't see any relation between the euro and the war on terrorism. Please elaborate on this.

The Danish PM wants to call a vote on the Danish exceptions to the EU treaties, which isnt limited to the Euro currency.

Denmark is currently having most of the disadvantages of the Euro without reaping the full benefits. As the one and only member of the ERM II collaboration the Danish currency is pegged to the Euro already.

IMHO it would make a lot of sense for a small export oriented country like Denmark (or my native Sweden) to join the Eurozone. Hopefully we'll have another vote too if Denmark and our Baltic friends plus Poland joins.

IMHO it would make a lot of sense for a small export oriented country like Denmark (or my native Sweden) to join the Eurozone. Hopefully we'll have another vote too if Denmark and our Baltic friends plus Poland joins.

I think Poland won't join eurozone to 2012 - we are organizing football championships and it's more profitable for us to earn euro in that time and still having our currency. I think we will do that around 2013.

And cheap us dollar? Yeah..:) for me - I have already bought perfume in US and with cost of delievery it's still twice cheaper than in my country :).

And currency of dollar has nothing to do with strong euro - if Denmark stayed with their orginal currency/or joined euro, still dollar would be realtively cheap and companies which sell goods to US would have lesser income.

and with cost of delievery it's still twice cheaper than in my country :).

Many European Star Wars Collectors are looking towards the U.S. - filled with jealousy, because of the cheap prices over there.

I know that, because I read in these circles some time.

Well i still dont like the Euro and ill stay with that.. and to top it of its Corrupted
they use the old currency "PRICE`S" and patch to the Euro!! they gave everyone a converter to tell the difference..
All the commites are the same old currency prices from Bicycles to a cup of coffee the size of a thee cup,, which you only get one cup perperson!!

Back
Top Bottom