What is your current favorite TV show?

A couple of posters have hinted at what I see being a big problem with TV today. In the past, a show was given the opportunity to improve over time and build an audience. Now, if it rates poorly early on, it's cancelled quickly. I've watched a few shows which began slowly, but which are now getting MUCH better. Unfortunately, it looks too late for some, eg The Cape!!

I'm gonna miss The Cape. :(

My favorite show of all time is Doctor Who. Right behind that would be Six Feet Under and The West Wing, as well as anything Star Trek.

Currently I am not really watching anything but sports and Doctor Who. I tend to ignore TV outside of sports and the Discovery Channel most of the time and just watch TV on DVDs from Netflix or what-have-you, then buy the shows I really like. The last TV show I bought was Mad Men season one on blu-ray because amazon had it for $13, which seemed like a steal. I watched the pilot and it was okay... will have to get around to a marathon here someday.

I bought the Firefly series on DVD about a year ago and still haven't watched it. :embarrassed:
Make the time, it's worth it. I got that complete series pack on clearance for $10 and grabbed it after a couple years of listening to Jaz wax poetic about the show. Jaz wasn't lying. Some of the extras on that DVD set are actually pretty cool, too.

Now, now, Serenity was "not good" at worst. It's only "awful" when held up against the tv series.

I liked the movie. Not in my top-5 Sci-Fi films or anything, but I thought they did a good job of wrapping up the series.

I'll never forgive Fox for screwing up Firefly.

Make the time, it's worth it. I got that complete series pack on clearance for $10 and grabbed it after a couple years of listening to Jaz wax poetic about the show. Jaz wasn't lying. Some of the extras on that DVD set are actually pretty cool, too.

This thread might be the inspiration I need to finally watch it. :)

There were only 14 episodes right? That's what the box says anyways. It also says it includes 3 episodes that were never aired, although I don't know if those are in addition to the 14 or included in the total.

@DoctorNarrative, I used to love watching Doctor Who when I was younger. It's hard to find around here now though. Scfy was showing it for awhile last year, but it seems they no longer air it here.

This thread might be the inspiration I need to finally watch it. :)

There were only 14 episodes right? That's what the box says anyways. It also says it includes 3 episodes that were never aired, although I don't know if those are in addition to the 14 or included in the total.

@DoctorNarrative, I used to love watching Doctor Who when I was younger. It's hard to find around here now though. Scfy was showing it for awhile last year, but it seems they no longer air it here.

14 total. And pretty much everyone of them is awesome (especially when viewed in the order they were intended and not how the idiots at Fox broadcast them).

I have to say, I was really surprised that Sci-Fi didn't pick Firefly up after it got dumped, especially given that there was enough fan support to justify a movie.

I've actually watched the entire series twice now. I chipped thru it over a week or two when I first got the dvds, and then decided to watch it again over a long weekend a few months back (I might have gone back to "couple episodes a night or so" like before, but the Wild Dogs got hooked so we marathon'd the heck out of it and had a blast).

(Neues aus der Anstalt without Georg Schramm is pretty boring IMO, this guy really put the anger into political Kabarett - while the new guy is at least from Franconia he really can't replace Schramm…)

(You are right in a way, but I mainly watch it because of Urban Priol, the other one. ;) )

House,Grey's Anatomy,The Walking Dead,True blood,Californication

From the ended/canceled ones.... to many..

Jericho,Spartacus (first one),Lost,Prison Break,The Sopranos

ok.. i'm going to stop now :D

ATM I'm watching Spellbinder (old Australian series), Merlin (UK), Miranda (UK) and How NOT to live your life (UK).

My favorites: Rome, Carnivàle, My Family (UK, about the Harpers) Little Britain, Coupling.

O I did not like Firefly and really hated Battlestar Galactica.

Liked Pillars of the Earth, Lost, Pushing Daisies, Heroes (except season 2), Star Trek Voyager (Seven of Nine! The doctor!), Star Trek TNG (Picard!), Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (Odo).
Star trek Enterprise is still on my list.

Mm, I'm sure I forgot to mention one or two…

Well… After Avatar - every sci-fi movie seems like quality, so… :)

Lol.... following the hype I went to see it and I was bored to hell half-way through it and the visuals didn't impress me either. (Not that they were bad, they just could hide that this was a very hollow movie). Think it was my worst cinematic experience since Neverending Story part II.

Supernatural gets a vote from me. It was actually the wife who was into it to begin with but after a couple of episodes I found it quite entertaining. It think it has just the right mix of serious topics and knows when to not take it self to seriously.

Also a fan of True Blood. Looking forward to next season.

Haven't seen The Walking Dead but think I might like it. I do have a fondness for Zombies.

Surprised to see a few people list V. I loved the original mini-series but found the first episode of the new series to rush the whole 'revelation' of the aliens too much. Didn't think it otherwise showed much more potential than being another remake waiting to get canceled so I didn't bother to come back for more.

Back
Top Bottom