Space Rangers HD - Official FAQ

Dhruin

SasqWatch
1C has releasd a FAQ for Space Rangers HD, mostly responding to accusations they will b releasing the same game for the third time and similar questions:
Q: Are you so out of fresh ideas that you’re going to sell the same game third time already? Isn’t there already a free expansion pack with HD-patch?
A: We’ve always wanted to work on SR franchise, and when 1C Publishing gave us the green light, we happily agreed. And no, “A War Apart” isn’t the same “Revolution” made by some of SNK-Games’ employees back in 2009.
Q: Are Elemental Games or Katauri Interactive, original developers of SR series, somehow involved?
A: No, they are not, though they’ve supported idea of the project.
Q: How about full-scale sequel? How about Space Rangers 3?
A: That’s something you should ask owner of the Space Rangers franchise – 1C Publishing company.
Q: Will game be published for MacOS, iOS or Google Android?
A: Our top priority is PC release. We do not plan to port the game to any other platform at the moment.
Q: When game will be released and for what price?
A: Retail prices are TBA. Estimated release date is 2012 Q4.
Q: What’s new besides graphics and technical improvements?
A: New sideline story about space pirates, which will allow the gamer to either play as real bad guy or to feel true “undercover agent” way of game.
More information.

Too bad this isn't comming out for Ipad...this game would be great on there. Not sure I need another version for my computer....?

Pirating really did need to be fleshed out or at least offer more. I never went the pirate route because of the drawbacks associated with it.

However, it sounds like they're offering more incentives to go that route. That right there would change my whole game. I would go from a merchant/space ranger to an all out villian. Hopefully they'll add some features that will help keep the dominators at bay if you're a pirate and a new way to turn hostile planets friendly other than: A) Doing the text adventure in jail B) buying your way out of trouble or C) Changing your whole identity to get the coppers off your back.

The biggest problem I had with pirating was it seemed self-destructive. You're going to lose no matter what since you're making the systems weaker while your pirate buddies still gang up on you if they can see past your shields. Wouldn't it make more sense to have a mafia style gang where they take care of the systems from the dominators (maybe even launching their own missions against dominator controlled galaxies) and LEAVE YOU THE HECK ALONE!!! :D

Can't wait to get this one and see what they came up with.

Back
Top Bottom