Hellgate London - v1.2 Patch Notes

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Hellgate: London has a new v1.2 patch that has hit the servers. Here's a partial grab:
Hello everyone!

This patch is has some major skill changes, a few vital balance tweaks, some pesky bug fixes, and a highly-requested new feature.

First and foremost is the introduction of our in-game mail system. This is something that we know is of vital interest to our community, and is the foundation for our consignment / auction house system. Players can not only send and receive messages with anyone in the game, but they can also attach Palladium and items to their mail. This makes getting items from one character to another – even your own – much simpler and more convenient. And while you need to be in a Station to attach or receive items and Palladium, you can read your messages anywhere, anytime.

We’re also rolling out the second of our major character class balance passes. In this patch, we’ve done a comprehensive balance pass on the Marksman. We focused on addressing a number of issues that have made the class vastly over-powered in comparison to the rest of the classes and the desired difficulty of the game. There are also numerous areas where we have increased the effectiveness of, or altered skills to give Marksman players a wider variety of builds and tactics.

Chief amongst these changes is addressing the notorious skill/weapon combinations involving Ricochet, Reflecting Shot, Multishot, Rapid Fire, Heightened Senses, Beacon, Dead Eye, and Hollow Points, while using a high rate of fire weapon, such as an Arclight Rifle. While we realize that making choices on skill, item, and mod combinations which complement each other is a fundamental design element most emphasized with the Marksman in particular, there should never be one combination of skills which completely outshines the rest.
More information.

I think Flagship still has problems with the Code of HGL. Before patch 1.2 DX10 Performance was a bit better. After Patching to 1.2 it seems to have worsened :S. At least that was my first impression.

The patch notes say nothing about performance ... it is definitely possible that some of the performance suffered due to the changes. I dunno.

On a related note, I had put the collector's edition on my Goozex wish list and never removed it ... so last week I got a big honkin' box in the mail. Not exactly a game I really wanted two copies of ;)

Back
Top Bottom