Your Most Anticipated Game(s)

Only a few games I'm anticipating right now:

- Divinity: Original Sin
- Torchlight 2
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown

I would add Sacred 3 to the list if any more solid info comes out.

I can't believe I forgot King's bounty warriors of the north that goes on one of 2 top places

Good recall ! I need to add that to my list, too !

If we're talking about the near future (over the next year), then there's very little I'm looking forward to. There's no major RPG releases that I can think of, and only Bioshock Infinite stands out to me.

I was anticipating Dead Space 3 until I saw gameplay footage that left me disappointed.

Are there any big RPG releases in q3 or q4?

My most anticipated are
1. Dead State
2. Wasteland 2
3. Dawnguard DLC
4. Xcom Enemy unknown
5. Divinity: Original Sin
6. AoD
7. Book of eschalon 3
8. The banner saga
9. Shadowrun Returns
10. Cyberpunk

Most of these wont be released anytime soon so its dawnguard and xcom in the near future for me.

Last edited:
1. The Banner Saga
2. Guild Wars 2
3. X-Rebirth
4. Wasteland 2
5. Jane Jensen's Moebius
6. Shadowrun Returns
7. Divinity Original Sin
8. Deadstate
9. Xenonauts
10. AoD

For the first time in ages, I can't say I'm looking forward to anything. There are a few games that I see and think I'll have to take a look at when they come out, but there's nothing that's made me even want to follow its development, let alone got me excited enough to say "whoa, I'm gonna get that".

Fallout 4
Probably still a couple years off, but I suppose it's the game I'm most looking forward to.

Dishonored
Gorgeous setting, stealth sandbox gameplay mechanics and UI for the PC version appears to be highly customized.

Bioshock Infinite
Been eagerly awaiting this game for nearly two years already.

South Park: The Stick of Truth
Huge fan of the show as well as Parker and Stone's other projects (Team America, The Book of Mormon), not to mention the talented folks at Obsidian.

Shadowrun Returns
Played the pen and paper game quite a bit growing up, and I believe I read somewhere that the game will incorporate a sort of level editor tool as well as multiplayer for running campaigns with friends.

Divinity: Original Sin
I'm not normally too much into games with isometric view, but the E3 preview footage looked like a lot of fun. The NPC A.I. seemed to be very responsive and the take on co-op gameplay was interesting.

Skyrim DLC
Trying to avoid spoilers on Dawnguard, but from what I've learned so far it seems worth firing up the game again for a few more (shamefully long) Skyrim playthroughs. Lord knows what the next DLC will be like, but considering the game's commercial success I'm guessing the developers are throwing a lot of resources into it.

Also following the Wastleland project, but I'll need to catch a trailer or some gameplay footage at some point.

EDIT: forgot about that Cyberpunk 2020 project the Witcher devs are making - also played that pen and paper game back in the day. Sounds very promising

Last edited:
Sad to say there aren't many that I'm honestly excited about.

Oh, I'm pretty interested in most of the games mentioned here already - but I'm loathe to admit that I'm not feeling that excitement I used to.

But it's not all bad, because Skyrim got me back to my days as a kid with gaming wonder in my eyes. It was such a close match to a dream concept - that I shouldn't complain. Oh, it has tons of flaws - but I did spend a full week in dream-land.

But it kinda ruined a lot of games for me, because it set the bar rather high in terms of excitement level. Deus Ex was also a fantastic experience. But these games don't come along very often.

As of this moment, the only game I can see myself getting super excited by is ArcheAge - but that's not coming until 2013 at the earliest.

X-Com is probably closest for the near future. All they need to add is multiplayer of some kind ;)

1. The witcher 2 for ps3

It *will* happen!

The next game coming out that I'm looking forward to is Darksiders 2.

:)

The next game coming out that I'm looking forward to is Darksiders 2.
:)

I have been keeping my eyes on this for a while as it seems interesting with main/side quests, loot drops, weapon customization, open world. However, i am worried about the balancing with all these new features and if the game is going be an action/adventure game or action/rpg game.

I will be deciding between Darksiders 2 and Dark Souls (PC) when the time comes.

Considering all things, it would probably be more appropriate for the thread to be renamed as:

Your Most Anticipated Games from Your Backlog :)
I think this is the closest thing to the truth, but I'll throw out a few games that are likely to be added to my already ridiculous backlog:

UFO2:Extraterrestrials
X-Com
Eschalon3
Bioshock3
Frayed Knights1 (I know, it's cheating to anticipate a game that's been out for months, but I haven't bought it yet)

edit- which reminds me, actually... I saw Steam had a sale going on Dragon Age1 (Origins plus Awakening) for $11 (IIRC, definitely some small number). I almost added it to my ridiculous backlog since I seem to remember people being very pleased with the first one. It will probably languish in my backlog for decades, but should I plunk down the loot, folks?

Last edited:
DAO, especially with Awakening and the DLCs installed as well, is definitely worth it in my opinion. There's a lot of bang for your bucks there. Maybe too much if you have a considerable backlog already - it'll take a while to get through everything DA1 has to offer.

DAO was a game I played for a long time and just got bored with before the end. It might be a great game for me to attempt again.

Divinity Original Sin
Dishonored
Dark Souls
Torchlight 2

edit- which reminds me, actually… I saw Steam had a sale going on Dragon Age1 (Origins plus Awakening) for $11 (IIRC, definitely some small number). I almost added it to my ridiculous backlog since I seem to remember people being very pleased with the first one. It will probably languish in my backlog for decades, but should I plunk down the loot, folks?

If you're in no hurry, get the Ultimate Edition as it has all the DLC as well as Awakening. Then you can control patches better than with steam. Patch 1.02 made 'normal' the new 'easy' and nerfed some powerful spells (Cone of Cold, Force Field). I preferred the way it was before the patch.

Put in the "not so excited" camp for future releases. From my backlog, I am looking forward to playing the Ultima Underworlds and Fallout New Vegas.

Put in the "not so excited" camp for future releases. From my backlog, I am looking forward to playing the Ultima Underworlds and Fallout New Vegas.

Don't understand "you guys" at all. I feel like there is a new golden age of RPG's just around the corner.

Back
Top Bottom