301.24 nvidia drivers

S

sakichop

Nvidia has released new drivers that claim a 20% increase in skyrim performance.

Also boosts to some other games and the ability to force fxaa, which they are claiming a 60% increase using fxaa over mxaa with no visual loss.

Looking at their comparisons fxaa looked a little blurrier than mxaa overall but if you want Anti-aliasing and need the extra FPS it definitely didn't look bad.

Anyway, they are beta so if you don't like to run beta drivers you may want to wait. I've always run their beta drivers and will install tonight. I'll post fps difference for skyrim later hopefully.

Also gives the ability to use adaptive v-sync and limit your FPS with third party software and NVIDIA Frame Rate Target .

Here's a link to details:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-301.24-beta-drivers-released/

Here are some quick results using fraps benchmark. I just had time to do 1 quick run around riverwood. Same path for each bench.

driver version: 296.10 (whql)

vanilla skyrim 1920x1080 ultra settings, no fxaa. min=67, max=113, avg= 85.407

vanilla skyrim 1920x1080 ultra settings, with fxaa.min=67, max=110, avg=82.214

Driver version 301.24 (beta)

vanilla skyrim 1920x1080 ultra settings, with fxaa.min=80, max=122, avg=115.761

vanilla skyrim 1920x1080 ultra settings, no fxaa. min=80, max=122, avg=116.491

Pretty impressive I got a 30 FPS boost with the new drivers, Unfortunately I also got some messed up audio and flickering in some spots. No time to look in to it but I didn't clean install the drivers. My sound card in a SB x-fi titanium. I don't install nvidia's hd drivers and disable all nivida sound in the device manager.

I Benched 2 gtx 480's in sli on a 120hz monitor.

30 extra frames is quite an achievement. If they get the bugs worked out it will be very nice. I will trouble shoot when I have time. If anyone else gives them a try please post your results. Not sure if the problems are specific to my pc.

Back
Top Bottom